Another Viking Mower to add to my fleet ...

IVECOKID

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be interested to see how it performs I bought my Viking mower after your recommendation on them.

I have 3 Vikings now ,a 4 wheeler 21" and a 21" roller too , the 4wheeler had its first problem after a season and half mowing ,the variable speed pulley went boom BUT how cheap a pulley and belt £42 and literally 5min job to fit .

Am impressed with price of parts and the simplicity to fit them .

Ste

we have a few of these pro mulchers there not bad.

leave the pull cord down in the engine as it rubbers on the plastic and frays

the front wheels wear bad due to the crap design, to the point they will not turn unless the engine is driving them.

engines are very good easy to start first or second pull.

ours are about 2 years old we use them for private and comical sites any where its a rougher cut and a bigger machine will not get in. They get used most days

Edited by bradshaw groundcare

Mower been going since 6oclock this morning on a factory and now I am sneaking it onto a few private lawns to try it out .

FWD is great but it's open to mass abuse if the operator can't be arsed disengaging the drive while turning and dropping the front down while in drive hence has said on earlier post front wheels wear out .Has a one man band I will look after it .

Have done a little video clip so will post tonight.

Ste

Here's a little clip for anyone thinking of going down the mulching route ,I was not a big fan of mulching but they have improved more so the dedicated mulchers .

I set out at the start of the grass cutting season to try and save time and my energy ,with this mower and the Toro turf master I have knocked 5hours a week off my gardens runs !

Also i have bought the cordless Stihl hedge cutters which also saved the repetitive starting .

Yesterday's grass cutting saw me visit one wheelie bin all-day ,time will tell how it performs in the wet and when my customers notice there is no grass in there wheelie bins ! .

Last min of the clip shows mowers at its best .

Ste

Without wanting to put a downer on things, I bought a Viking mulching mower, the one with the single central front wheel for tight turning. After the first use the plastic covers on all wheels had disintegrated and after the third use the main drive spindle shattered.

I can only assume that the top of the range professional Vikings are a lot more robust.

Without wanting to put a downer on things, I bought a Viking mulching mower, the one with the single central front wheel for tight turning. After the first use the plastic covers on all wheels had disintegrated and after the third use the main drive spindle shattered.

I can only assume that the top of the range professional Vikings are a lot more robust.

That 3 wheel Viking is not really for commercial use allegedly , this Lastest edition for me has virtually no silly plastic bits but saying that my 1st Viking is on its second season without any major issues apart from the variable pulley which has had some abuse and loads of plastic bits that have stayed in place.

If I could find a mower that's cuts like a Hayter,collects wet grass like a Viking and have a Honda engine and parts priced like Viking then Carlsberg probably build it .

At the moment I am bigging these Vikings up has I am impressed with the simplicity and price ,have tries them all and it always stupid school boy design errors that let them down .

Example ....Honda plastic body roller mowers ...them stupid roll pins on the drive shafts

Hayter pro.... Front wheels are diabolically weak ,,7 wheels in one season .

Honda pro gearbox prices and parts ..

There is other makes like Masbro ,Weinberg etc but waiting 3 weeks for parts .

Ste

Ste

Edited by IVECOKID