Tractor spool valve problems

Richard

Hi

I have recently bought a New Holland 5635 to replace a Ford 6610.

However I am having trouble with the rear spool valves. I run a small Fmv crane on a 6 ton trailer which I just used to plug in to the 6610. But on the new Holland it wont send oil through.

I don't know if im just connecting it up wrong or may be the oil flow is to high for the valve block.

Also I cant run a hydraulic top link at the moment seems to be sending oil to the spool valve ok and looks pressured up.

The controls in the cab seem to be the same as the 6610 just pull back on the lever and it should work.

New Holland has two pairs of valves that I think work vertically same as the old 6610.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Are they set as single or double acting spools?

This would make sense but in single acting I would expect the oil on the b line to dump to tank, it sounds like this is restricted in some way.

where are you in kent ?

Has it got a free flow return ?

Yes never take the oil from the tank line of a spool back to a service port of a spool valve, not only doe is heat the oil in the event the restriction is severe or the valve is shut the remote spool block will pressurise and can blow seals.

Hi

I have recently bought a New Holland 5635 to replace a Ford 6610.

However I am having trouble with the rear spool valves. I run a small Fmv crane on a 6 ton trailer which I just used to plug in to the 6610. But on the new Holland it wont send oil through.

I don't know if im just connecting it up wrong or may be the oil flow is to high for the valve block.

Also I cant run a hydraulic top link at the moment seems to be sending oil to the spool valve ok and looks pressured up.

The controls in the cab seem to be the same as the 6610 just pull back on the lever and it should work.

New Holland has two pairs of valves that I think work vertically same as the old 6610.

Any help would be great

Cheers

I wonder if CNH have changed the lay out of the couplers so that the bottom 2 are one slice and the top 2 are another slice.:001_rolleyes:

Try connecting a single acting ram ,like a tipping trailer, to each coupling in turn and see what happens.:thumbup1:

Thanks guys

I'm not sure how to check if their on single acting.

Easiest is to couple up to a tipping trailer, the engine shouldn't come under load when it's lowering.

I have a short hose with a quickfit and pressure gauge to test pressures but I'm nowhere near Folkestone.

You could disconnect the feed and return hoses at the fmv valve chest and test into a clean bucket, double acting and the oil will spurt out full pressure each way the spool is pulled, single acting and the return pressure will be nil or much less.