Japanese knot weed

colwoodlandcare

We have a soil remediation division at work and they cleared a large area for a school playing field. As there was some significant earthworks involved to level the area and therefore large machines on site anyway they decided to dig it up and bury it on site at 10m deep (if I recall correctly!). Because of time constraints I think it worked out more effective than individually injecting stems. The hole was absolutely massive!

If your client is willing to spend money to put in membrane then maybe he would be willing to negotiate some sort of shared cost with the neighbour to treat it properly then the worry and potential future impact will be removed? (Although as above he probably shouldn't have to!)

Edited by alexm

Ive had quite a lot of work from Japanese knot weed eradications. Help ,my mortgage has been knocked back .I cant sell my house and giant hogweed eradications. And not bosting or anything but always been successful. Syngenta glyphosate I have found best normally takes about a year to 18 months to go. I normaly put a treatment plan together with the customer I have dug it out in the past but found spraying most effective in the long run. If you rush out to by Syngenta though just make sure you have your spraying licence.

if you need any advice don't hesitate to ask

Jay

We bought our farm in year 2000, it had pockets of jkw in various places. I started spraying then with glyphosate then, and resprayed any new growth as soon as it had 2 or 3 leaves fully open to take up the spray. I'm still getting odd stems of the stuff breaking through. So spraying has stopped the major clumps but defo not stopped growth.

Gotta go now - need to mix up another pack of spray !!

Shaun

We bought our farm in year 2000, it had pockets of jkw in various places. I started spraying then with glyphosate then, and resprayed any new growth as soon as it had 2 or 3 leaves fully open to take up the spray. I'm still getting odd stems of the stuff breaking through. So spraying has stopped the major clumps but defo not stopped growth.

Gotta go now - need to mix up another pack of spray !!

Shaun

for the spray to be effective you need to let it grow abit the more leaf cover you hit the more chemical will go into the root system