Loose cubic meters from artic of beech

Tomatin Firewood

Hi Everyone

I just finished processing an artic load mainly consisting of beech, with some elm and syscamore. There is still a couple of tons of larger stuff to process but have filled 55m3 bags. I have to admit did not expect to get as much volume and once the other stuff processed will be close to 60m3.

Some of it is quite fresh but some of it is drier.

My question is what are other folk achieving from 25T artic lorry load on average with fresh hardwood?

With fresh birch was getting nearly 2m3 to 1T so was pleasantly surprised with this beech.

I would be really interested to hear other people's findings.

Thanks

James

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

I just finished processing an artic load mainly consisting of beech, with some elm and syscamore. There is still a couple of tons of larger stuff to process but have filled 55m3 bags. I have to admit did not expect to get as much volume and once the other stuff processed will be close to 60m3.

Some of it is quite fresh but some of it is drier.

My question is what are other folk achieving from 25T artic lorry load on average with fresh hardwood?

With fresh birch was getting nearly 2m3 to 1T so was pleasantly surprised with this beech.

I would be really interested to hear other people's findings.

Thanks

James

You did well. I reckon 55m3 for an artic of ash and alder, but down to about 45m3 for beech.