Bandit 2150xp (?) reviews?

josharb87

I had a 2150 xp narrow with the 35hp pertol engine. The HB20 I traded it for will do anything, almost as fast just with a lot of effort and access tight areas much easier. If I wanted a wheeled/tracked machine it would have to be 50hp minimum in order to be fast enough to justify not taking the HB20 out.

That was our issue the HB20 is such a good machine you have to go alot BIGGER to make it worth while getting a bigger machine. We now run the HB20 and 2450 xp. They fit nicely on the trailer and are almost always taken out together now..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was our issue the HB20 is such a good machine you have to go alot BIGGER to make it worth while getting a bigger machine. We now run the HB20 and 2450 xp. They fit nicely on the trailer and are almost always taken out together now..

This what I am aiming for, though I would like prefer an older bigger machine than a 2450. I don't do enough grinding or need the reliability of a new one to justify £30-40k, but £15k for a tidy used machine would be ideal. Wouldn't matter if it only went out once a month if its not really depreciating any more.

This what I am aiming for, though I would like prefer an older bigger machine than a 2450. I don't do enough grinding or need the reliability of a new one to justify £30-40k, but £15k for a tidy used machine would be ideal. Wouldn't matter if it only went out once a month if its not really depreciating any more.

Our 2450 was £17,000. We have hired bigger tracked carltons (66hp) but Steve thought the 2450 was comparable..

I had the 2150 and I thought it was great, it got me into the grinding game. Had many problems with belts and bearings though. So I bit the bullet and purchased new the 2550xp and I love it!!!

With it being hydraulic the engines mounted at the rear of the grinder and not on the cutter head, so it's more stable and doesn't appear to loose power through the hydraulics

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

It was their (Nordisk Greenteeth from Denmark-as I understand, Scandinavias bandit main dealer) demo machine. The only one on their exhibit that was belt driven.

I diddnt realise bandit have completely scrapped belt drive

That would have been Torben, not sure where he has a 2150xp from but it would be belt drive. Only the pedestrian grinders are now belt driven.

Some great reply thanks.

Size, access and weight isn't a problem :001_smile:

Dean, I've got emails from both Stig and Jesper today giving some offers on their ex demonstrator "Bandit 2150xp 38 HK 4x4" i guess their just trying to get rid if all the big grinders are now hydraulic.

I had the 2150 and I thought it was great, it got me into the grinding game. Had many problems with belts and bearings though. So I bit the bullet and purchased new the 2550xp and I love it!!!

With it being hydraulic the engines mounted at the rear of the grinder and not on the cutter head, so it's more stable and doesn't appear to loose power through the hydraulics

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

what were the problems you had? what hp was your 2150 and 2550? how big an improvement is the 2550?

thanks

Been running a 2550 for a couple of years now. Just taken delivery of my 2nd. Original was superb did 650 hrs in 2years and no major issues just minor repairs. New one even better. Here is a video of the original in action.

Nick, where do you see improvements in the new model?

Many thanks

Marne

Josh I no this is s little smaller than ur looking for

But I fitted a muilti tip cutting wheel to a hb20

All I can say what a machine

Smashed a 5-6 ft stump 12inch above the ground and 6-8 inch below ground just under 2hours

Nick, where do you see improvements in the new model?

Many thanks

Marne

The original and new machine basically the same. The parts that they have improved is the cutting head and hydraulic system. The machine seems to have a slightly deeper cutting depth and doesn't seem to collect as much chip around head. Never had any issues with hydraulic but they seem to have improved cooling. Lots of other minor changes which makes the machine feel more solid - not that bandit ever under engineer anything.