Bandit 2150xp (?) reviews?

josharb87

We have recently purchased a used 2450xp which is I believe similar to the 2150xp (but with 44 hp as opposed to 38hp). I also believe they are both belt driven.

We have not had it long but so far pleased with it. We had it on trial for a week with a carlton 4012 and there was little debate about which machine our operator wanted at the end. I personally didn't use either but I know the 4wd was a big plus...

I hired a Carlton 4012 wheeled machine last year. I was very excited.

Never again!

I actually finished the job with my pedestrian Predator as it was faster.

IMO, the new pedestrian grinders are so good that the sensible step up is a Carlton 7015, or equivalent.

Anything in the middle is just going to waste your time.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the 2550xp is the 38-44hp model, 2150 is just 27hp with 2WD.

I've been looking at buying a 2550xp for some time, just trying to build up a good amount for a sizable deposit.

There are a few good videos on youtube of the 2550, and a few members have them in this forum. It looks great.

Hello mate

My 2550 is coming up forsale unfortunately. I'm having to buy a narrower tracked grinder for a large Clearence job. Mine is just over a year old with 85hrs on the clock. It's basically brand new. They are £29k new and I'm after £26k

44hp radio remote. I love it and don't really want to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Some great reply thanks.

Size, access and weight isn't a problem :001_smile:

Dean, I've got emails from both Stig and Jesper today giving some offers on their ex demonstrator "Bandit 2150xp 38 HK 4x4" i guess their just trying to get rid if all the big grinders are now hydraulic.

what were the problems you had? what hp was your 2150 and 2550? how big an improvement is the 2550?

thanks

Mine shredded through belts, but it was a old grinder, I think it was 30hp

My new 2550 is 44hp turbo diesel with hydraulic cutter. A far superior grinder!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk