Bandit 2150xp (?) reviews?

josharb87

Hi!

Was looking at stumpgrinders at a show today, vermeer, rayco etc, but Bandits offering of the 2150xp (i think) was rather appealing.

38hp, 4x4, belt driven head all for a very reasonable price, optional blade and remote control too.

Seems like much more value for money on paper than vermeer offerings over here.

Never used one though, what are they like? problems?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the 2550xp is the 38-44hp model, 2150 is just 27hp with 2WD.

I've been looking at buying a 2550xp for some time, just trying to build up a good amount for a sizable deposit.

There are a few good videos on youtube of the 2550, and a few members have them in this forum. It looks great.

Been running a 2550 for a couple of years now. Just taken delivery of my 2nd. Original was superb did 650 hrs in 2years and no major issues just minor repairs. New one even better. Here is a video of the original in action.

Not sure which model you were looking at as Bandit don't offer a belt driven head any longer on new machines, it does sound like the 2550xp.

It was their (Nordisk Greenteeth from Denmark-as I understand, Scandinavias bandit main dealer) demo machine. The only one on their exhibit that was belt driven.

I diddnt realise bandit have completely scrapped belt drive

We have recently purchased a used 2450xp which is I believe similar to the 2150xp (but with 44 hp as opposed to 38hp). I also believe they are both belt driven.

We have not had it long but so far pleased with it. We had it on trial for a week with a carlton 4012 and there was little debate about which machine our operator wanted at the end. I personally didn't use either but I know the 4wd was a big plus...

Hi!

Was looking at stumpgrinders at a show today, vermeer, rayco etc, but Bandits offering of the 2150xp (i think) was rather appealing.

38hp, 4x4, belt driven head all for a very reasonable price, optional blade and remote control too.

Seems like much more value for money on paper than vermeer offerings over here.

Never used one though, what are they like? problems?

I had a 2150 xp narrow with the 35hp pertol engine, wireless remote and 2wd. With the outer wheels off it would go down to 29.5inches wide. I think I paid 16000+vat, maybe a touch more. Don't know how that compares to the other makes as I never asked.

I really liked it, the problem though is that at 9ft long, rear wheel steer and about 1000kg it was not really a narrow access machine. The HB20 I traded it for will do anything, almost as fast just with a lot of effort and access tight areas much easier. If I wanted a wheeled/tracked machine it would have to be 50hp minimum in order to be fast enough to justify not taking the HB20 out.