hamdogg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We felled a big beech tree today that was deemed extremely dangerous by the council, it certainly was dangerous when the bees that were up there got pissed off! Anyone had an interesting time with bees?

Yep had the same in an old willow . Big honey comb in the middle . :001_smile:

yep, never again. in my wisdom i thought if i cut the limb with the nest in it would fall to the ground and the bees would be there.... well they were for about 30 seconds till they flew back up to look for there nest!!! they wernt happy, couldn't descend quick enough then ran off in my spikes and tripped over my lanyard into a load of nettles... the lads were all pissing themselves laughing whilst heroically hiding in the jeep ,

so i keep away from bees now :)

Two summers ago I removed overhanging branches and pruned back some other over a power line, on a beech tree that had a bees nest in a hollow 20 feet up. The work didn't seem to bother them. If you leave them alone they will you.

Wasps on the other hand- I've hedgecut and strummed there nests before they don't like it and also tried to cut a wind blown willow tree off wasps in the root plate and they stung me to ****.