Woodland TPO.

skyhuck

What are peoples thoughts on this please,

A woodland TPO, it was put in place to protect trees prior to the building of some new homes. The outer line of the TPO plan goes over the end of an access track to some farm land. At the time the PTO was made the track was in use and there were no trees on the land containing the track. In the 30+ years since the TPO was made some young trees have grown up blocking the track. The owner of the land and the track has passed away the new owner of the land wishes to regain vehicular access to the land.

Are the trees protected?

Pretty confident they're not protected. The tpo will only apply to trees that were there when it was made, I think trees that were under size when tpo made are exempt too.

Hopefully one of the clever people will confirm this soon.

Pretty confident they're not protected. The tpo will only apply to trees that were there when it was made, I think trees that were under size when tpo made are exempt too.

Hopefully one of the clever people will confirm this soon.

I think with a woodland TPO new trees are covered once they reach 75mm at breast hight.

Group TPO is as you state.

• Like 1

All trees within forever. Not just those present at time of making the order like with area tpo's. Doubt it would cause much uproar if you were to apply and state that they were not there at the time and you wish to reinstate the access. Is the access mapped anywhere?

• Like 1

I think with a woodland TPO new trees are covered once they reach 75mm at breast hight.

Group TPO is as you state.

Nah, all trees of whatever size - a woodland is a system which needs replenishing. Removal of all saplings will bugger up age classes and make it less sustainable in the long term.

• Like 1

My reading of this situation is that the new trees in the track are covered by the TPO. The woodland TPO protects all trees within the defined area, including natural regeneration - seedlings and saplings etc.

Huck says the TPO map covers the area of the track - meaning that the new trees are within the defined woodland boundary area and are covered.

That said, an onsite visit with the TO and providing evidence of previous use of the site should hopefully lead to a successful TPO works application

• Like 1

My reading of this situation is that the new trees in the track are covered by the TPO. The woodland TPO protects all trees within the defined area, including natural regeneration - seedlings and saplings etc.

Huck says the TPO map covers the area of the track - meaning that the new trees are within the defined woodland boundary area and are covered.

That said, an onsite visit with the TO and providing evidence of previous use of the site should hopefully lead to a successful TPO works application

My thoughts also :thumbup1:

• Like 1

Lets say there is a building with a woodland TPO, the building falls into disrepair, trees grow with the build, the owner then wishes to repair the building.

Would consent be needed to remove trees within the building??