Price and method to remove this large Oak

Billy

I wouldn't use a mewp, it wont get you in to where you need to make the cuts.

Climbing and rigging down big chunks for me. If you really want to use machinery to speed it up then get a crane and dismantle really big chunks - but the position lends itself to the 'old school solution. Agree with protection for the block paving, and there will be services below somewhere.

Time will depend on how quick the climber is and how well the groundies can keep up.

Trees that size command 4 figures round our way. How far depends on how you deal with the 'waste' and how much you need the work.

Good luck with it - looks like fun.

PS get your boards up while you are doing it, let people see who you are and that you can handle big stuff.

Of course you could do it with a MEWP if you wanted to cut your way in simple!

Looks like a day for 3 man team @£1000 should do it.any less let them have it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well each to his own.

I can see 3 men one day.

I'd rig down largest lumps possible rather that make lots of cuts to keep the drift of sawdust to a minimum. Then chip as much wood as possible to avoid the same.

Plus I get 20euros per m3 for the chip so it's in my interest.

The wood, I have a firewood merchant who will buy it from the client for 25euros per stere.

I may need to pass after to make a final sweep after the wood has gone.

1200euros ttc

The pricing of this and all jobs depends how you like to run your business. Enough work to sustain yourself and groundie year round then it is a 2 man job over a day and a half. If you want to get it done in an easy day then have 3 men on it, 4 if really want to smash it out. Only need to think about how much work you have for yourself on your books. It's easy to get large unnecessary crews and machinery in for jobs, with the bottom line being less in it for you.

A climber and two lads on the floor for the morning, Chip as little as possible, stack timber to one side of the drive, breeze by in the afternoon and lower the stick to the floor with the Hiab, load up sticks and leave a guy there for the afternoon having a tidy up. Fassand Pand , any more your quote will be laughed at around here unless your the only one looking at it.

Bob

If there is no rot through the middle of that stick it would go on the mill, other than that its on the firewood pile , its money either way.

Edited by aspenarb

That's how I see it Billy, 3 men on day 1 and 2 of us on day 2, and we are a Tranny and TW outfit.

I'd get the butt Hiab'd out if poss, either to the mill or firewood, but that wouldn't lower my price.

3' rings into 1/8ths? Never.

12" rings, bore cut, splitting wedge and they're in half with no noodles.

Just priced a similar one (all handball through a garden gate) at £1100 and didn't get it because 'they didn't want to spend that much'.

I don't give a toss, I think I was £200 light on that anyway.

Don't get me wrong, that's a fair sized tree, but I could see a good team with some bigger kit (no cranes or MEWPS) having a good day and being away to enjoy a cider in a beer garden while shades were still necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Do you make the bore cut in the centre of the disk? Good way to cut down on saw dust!

I've had a look at removing this, what do you guys reckon on price and timescale etc?

It's in a large driveway plenty of room to drop stuff/space for rigging without coming near house etc, no phone lines and good access

[ATTACH]182249[/ATTACH][ATTACH]182250[/ATTACH][ATTACH]182251[/ATTACH][ATTACH]182252[/ATTACH]

£1'800 no matter how you do it. Who cares about the whys and were fores. Give a price that suits you and if accepted crack on and if not move on. Life's complicated as it is.