Stump grinding quote

padman

Looked at a job last night for grinding out some stumps. Never done this before but thought I would give it a go. I know it is hard work :001_smile: i will have to rent a machine as well.

The access is through a gate so not going to be able to use a big machine.

He has taken the trees down. I just need to sort out what is left.

Quote is is get them about 6 inchs below ground so he or me (seperate quote) can level and turf.

11 stumps - some bigger than others. What should I be quoting for this please, how long do you think it will take two men and one grinder taking it in turns.

Photo attached. Nearly all conifers.

59766d18286b9_photo2.JPG.790f90fe4401a977662ca2cf794d2cb2.JPG

59766d182705c_photo1.JPG.394b5462220ecb50e3cba106ac3900aa.JPG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the machine, a non pedestrian grinder ie rayco 1625 or similar can get through a 36 in gate, will rattle those of in a couple of hours max, a HB20 (pedestrian grinder) about the same. Some crappy 13hp job will take all day.

Are those concrete footings on that new fence?

Thanks for the feedback. Not concrete - he has just put some wooden boards across.

Not sure what's available to hire by me. Seen the 13hp stuff mind you :( I think the access might be the problem with the bigger grinders - Its a alley way then a right turn, you can see the gate in the photo.

What sort of price should I be quoting per stump then?

Edited by padman

Somthing to consider with jobs like this, the stumps arnt nicely cut down to ground level ready for you to rock up and start grinding away straight away. They will need to be cut down and cleared around them of rocks gravel etc. Also close to a fence that you will have to be careful to mind. All this takes a bit of extra time that adds up and you might be left with several ivy clad gnarly stumps to get rid of and grindings.

I would charge £250 which includes the hire of a pedestrian stump grinder (I pay £40 per half day for this). I would be gutted if I didn't have that done in half a day, even with clearing around the stumps then cutting them down. Again that's just my price, others will differ depending on the area, what equipment they have or can hire, and how much they want/need the job!