firewood

czhey

another person told me a green load of sitka on an artic, i think that is 28tonnes, on a roasting hot dry weekend can loose 8 ton of moisture. dont buy in weight, i sold some in weight, it was seasoned and it was a waste of time. what i thought was about 8 tonnes wasnt even 4. my mistake was doing the deal, then loading the trailer and going to the weigh bridge, if i could of weighed it first i would of known what to charge

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as above...impossible to answer, but if my customers insist on knowing the weight when i quote a price for a 3cm3 load i tell them appriximately 1.5t, which i dont think is far out on average.

I'd second that, I weighed a 3m3 load last year it came out bang on 1.5 ton.

Where had you had the logs stored Tom, in the garden pond ?? :001_smile:

Pretty dry load, mostly beech, i cant'be sure it was exactly 3 cube but I wont be far out, it was 5 bulk bags worth. I'm sure other timbers would be a lot lighter. What to yours weigh per cube?

GREEN WOOD,, SPLIT 3 WEEKS. beech,hawthorn,sycamore,ash,oak,pop,ect

4 WEEKS SINCE GROWING

what a coincidence.

monday morning, load ifor williams 10 x 6"6 and off to weigh bridge,three good matbro bucket fulls,same as i load whole sale to a bloke with a transit tipper.

weighed off at 1340kg

back home and off loaded into builders bags

4 builders bags ( 0.8x0.8x0.8 =0.51 m3 ) x 4 = 2 m3

thats _TWO___M3

on my own i can process 27t of bought in cord in 4 days

two of us then 2 days

hakki pilke 37

ford 3000

matbro teleram

46l of red at 40p (for both machines,for 2 days)

10l of chain oil (for 2 days £23 )

wood at £40 to £43/t delivered.

tree surgeons free wood but lots of labour to process

i have less labour but higher raw material cost.

ok you students work it out

1. cost of production

per tonne

per m3

per builders bag

2.market value realisation

will find some photos and jazz it up a bit,where are they,?

we all did similar thread 3-4 mths ago,i had 50/50 mix with pine and hard wood,

without looking,i think 1.1t in trailer and 3.5 bags but different loader and bucket,after 250t trying to get a little more accurate.

Edited by BARNSLEY BOB
added to make clear.

Pretty dry load, mostly beech, i cant'be sure it was exactly 3 cube but I wont be far out, it was 5 bulk bags worth. I'm sure other timbers would be a lot lighter. What to yours weigh per cube?

I've never weighed mine to be honest tom, I might make a point of doing so because I know the exact moisture content of my split logs because they are stored in a barn for a minimum of 12 months and they get down to 18%, cant get them below that though, they seem to stop at 18%

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

Mine are around 20 on average, although I was testing some of this years batch at the weekend and noticed that many would be (when split open) 25% in the middle then 20% nearer the edge and 10 or 15% on the outside. So really the only way to be sure is to weigh them then dry them down to 0% and weigh them again.

There is a huge difference in weight between oak or beech at 20% and poplar or willow at 20%:001_smile: