Lantra into Nptc tickets

haforbes

yes he could. Although if he is confident on the safety/legislation side he could just take the NPTC tests.

Ideal thanks, I wasn't sure how similar they are. I kept all of the paperwork when I did mine a few years back so I'll dig that out for him. Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Just resurrecting this thread on a tangent, but with relevance if anybody might answer??

Not quite sure why there is no NPTC cross reference for LANTRA Brushcutter Maintenance and Operation: Code is CLMC08X

The course was over 2 days, full (and thorough might i say!!) H&S training as per NPTC, practical, theory, maintenance, operation and importantly stringent assessment.

In my ignorance am not sure why it doesn't have relevant NPTC crossover? Is it something to do with QCF?

Be grateful for any enlightenement and clarification of how the above works?

Just resurrecting this thread on a tangent, but with relevance if anybody might answer??

Not quite sure why there is no NPTC cross reference for LANTRA Brushcutter Maintenance and Operation: Code is CLMC08X

The course was over 2 days, full (and thorough might i say!!) H&S training as per NPTC, practical, theory, maintenance, operation and importantly stringent assessment.

In my ignorance am not sure why it doesn't have relevant NPTC crossover? Is it something to do with QCF?

Be grateful for any enlightenement and clarification of how the above works?

Okay, I'm gonna give 'a' reply here...but it might not be what you're looking for exactly so apologies in advance.

City & Guilds / NPTC do offer a qualification for brush-cutter operations (see NPTC ) Essentially what you have existing is probably a Lantra 'ITA' certificate (integrated training and assessment, i.e. undertaken by the same person.)

Dependent upon what you mean by "cross-over", the C&G offering would have always been a qualification, and of course still is, what you did previously was 'adequate training', not strictly a qualification, but if you did the Lantra training now it would take the form of a qualification, i.e. registered on the qualifications framework (at least I know that to be the case with chainsaw training.)

I'm probably missing the point here so what is it you're trying to establish?

Cheers..

Paul

Hi Paul, I heard recently from a lantra trainer that nptc & lantra will amalgamate sometime soon & lantra will do the training & nptc will do the assessments... Any news on that?

Not at all...if that happens the 'arrangement' between the two organisations will, effectively, have come full circle.

Perhaps Stuart from Lantra will be along soon to update anything more.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Paul, thats helped me clarify, i asked the Q in relation to the fact that for the sake of RFS Cert Arb for instance (as I learn today) the LANTRA Brushcutter Cert is not recognised as being on the QCF framework i.e. a 'licence' to operate as such, see...

RFS - Cert Arb compertance awards

I hope that this might be reviewed and as such it will go on to the QCF (or RQF 'Regulatory Qualification Framework as I learn today it now seems to be evolving in). The course was 2 days and intensive, I have spent some years on all brushcutting operations prior and trainer was very thorough and didnt spare anyone on the finer aspects of assessment. I have emailed LANTRA today to see whether this might be.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Paul, thats helped me clarify, i asked the Q in relation to the fact that for the sake of RFS Cert Arb for instance (as I learn today) the LANTRA Brushcutter Cert is not recognised as being on the QCF framework i.e. a 'licence' to operate as such, see...

RFS - Cert Arb compertance awards

I hope that this might be reviewed and as such it will go on to the QCF (or RQF 'Regulatory Qualification Framework as I learn today it now seems to be evolving in). The course was 2 days and intensive, I have spent some years on all brushcutting operations prior and trainer was very thorough and didnt spare anyone on the finer aspects of assessment. I have emailed LANTRA today to see whether this might be.

Any news?

The Lantra brushcutter certificate is an ITA, although there is a regulated qualification in the pipeline. The legal requirement (PUWER) is, as always, in the training but as there is increasing demand for a qualification, we are moving to meet that requirement.

And, there are no plans for Lantra to merge with NPTC. As many will know, Lantra formed originally as the National Training Organisation for land based, and then through the various morphings ended up as the Sector Skills Council and as an awarding organisation. (If you accept all the name changes, tweaks etc. the organisation is basically 50 next month - happy birthday to us!).

The concern with the focus on qualifications is that there are some training providers who will teach people just enough to pass the assessments, where as the training should be more rounded.