372xp loss of power

ballibeg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks.

Been at it in the workshop and it looks like oil has got into clutch area. With saw assembled and running oil comes out of top of chain Brake/clutch cover. It looks like it then spread back over clutch. Bar oiling hole clear and plate clean and straight. All I can think is it's the small black rubber seal (red arrow) that's allowing oil back and past to yellow arrow area.

Chain looks like it's lacked oil and certainly looks oil contaminated on brake area. Am using Stihl chain oil which is lighter and thinner than three husky stuff I used to use.

1430815687999.jpg.a492dd0b712df4e9e1cfbe0d39c23ce0.jpg

Behind the sprocket and clutch is the other end of that brass tube, it sits into a small rubber boot and then into the pump delivery, it may be leaking here if the rubber boot has split, be aware the clutch will be murder tight.

Behind the sprocket and clutch is the other end of that brass tube, it sits into a small rubber boot and then into the pump delivery, it may be leaking here if the rubber boot has split, be aware the clutch will be murder tight.

Clutch is a simple C clip and slide strait off on a 372 surely ? :001_smile: The drum I mean then a tap with a drift and off it spins .

No Stubby, the sprocket is a washer and c clip, the clutch is spun onto the crank, and believe me they can be tight, it is a l/h thread, you need to remove it to get to the oil pump.

So exactly what I said only we differ on the amount of " tap " you godda give it . :001_smile: I have never had a problem and always found compression enough to tap it with an ally or copper drift and spin it off .