Business Cards.

26 years experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared1::scared1:

You old bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_tongue:

Actually its 27yrs June just gone, I had to draw the line at 26 cos I dont want customers thinking that I'm getting too old for it. From now on its on 26yrs and no more.:001_tongue:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on your market mick, if you just give them out to folk in the street as you are working then it doesnt matter, they only want a name and number, if you are putting them on a board in a shop then it needs to stand out. i have cards for tree surgery work and different fancy ones for 'woodfuel' or as you call it, woodchip and logs. its a different target market now in the firewood front, i am not interested in guys with b+q saws looking for free stuff, i want someone who has installed a log burner so they can do their bit for the environment, and are more than willing to pay for it. And thats where the website comes into it aswell. If you are wanting every job under the sun you might aswell call yourself 'undercut tree services' and have '20% off other written quotes' ' oap discount' and spell out bargain for them. and cut them out of a4 paper. not for me, i want my customers to do a bit of research into our jobs and take an interest in the environment and work practices, then reputation will do the rest.

Mick, why don`t you use your first name rather than just the initial? Isn`t that what your customers would call you? To me, `competitive` sounds like you`re not actually the cheapest but you`re not far off it. Is that the position you`re aiming for? If you look expensive and someone calls for a quote, cheap prices won`t be their main priority. They`ve sought you out and they are willing to pay for your skills and 26 yrs experience. Likewise, price shoppers will leave you in peace.

Mick, why don`t you use your first name rather than just the initial? Isn`t that what your customers would call you? To me, `competitive` sounds like you`re not actually the cheapest but you`re not far off it. Is that the position you`re aiming for? If you look expensive and someone calls for a quote, cheap prices won`t be their main priority. They`ve sought you out and they are willing to pay for your skills and 26 yrs experience. Likewise, price shoppers will leave you in peace.

If I use Michael it would take alot of room and every time I looked at it I'd hear my mum calling me :scared1:.............. Yeah at the mo I'm trying to pull in as much as poss so want to come across as good value.:001_smile: