Cupboard prices

scraggs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrys certainly got a lovely tool cupboard he made to store his Japanese chisels indeed. {Only thing made by him Ive seen.} I didn't realise he trained under Savage?

What was the piece, & what made it "The best" for you?

Yes he came to David as a Pro and then got better. Most of us had done very little woodwork before going there. The cabinet was an oriental style with multiple drawers. The drawers were simply a perfect fit. The outside then had inlaid petals on it. Was very elegant and perfectly made. Think David was asking over 10K for it and this is back in 1989.....ish

Sorry for the derail scraggs :blushing:

Cool!

Nicest fitting drawers Ive ever laid my hand upon, {when dealing with woodwork anyway :lol:} where by David Charlsworth , totally amazing, like ball bearings lubricated with butter, running on ice, but he likes to work to thousandths of an inch on everything. He keeps them in the back room of his workshop show people , how good & smooth drawers really can be.

I guess in central heating they may not stay as workshop built? due to humidity?{ Depending on species...} But I might be a little cynical...

But either way sadly mine will never be like that...:blushing:

For those who would like to do fine woodwork but don't, you can get some good DVDs of the likes of David Charlesworth. One of my favorites is Rob Cosman's hand cut dovetails DVD. Amazing the speed and precision that can be achieved. I think he does a demo on youtube.

For those who would like to do fine woodwork but don't, you can get some good DVDs of the likes of David Charlesworth. One of my favorites is Rob Cosman's hand cut dovetails DVD. Amazing the speed and precision that can be achieved. I think he does a demo on youtube.

I've watched his youtube demo of dovetails in under 3.5 minutes and it's amazing.