zigzag mk3

andymum

+1 for Yale Blue tongue, was tempted to get one of the Yale poison ivy calamine/poison ivy tropical but hardly anyone over here supplies the tropical so went with Blue tongue,

Had my ZZ for 5 months now, (Christmas present from the GF) :thumbup: no cracks/dents or any damage :thumbup1: great piece of kit, just a shame it wasnt made for 14mm max that way 13mm would run smoooth and it would be thicker metal then :confused1:

thinking about using it with a pulley saver as I'm just using it over branches since I hate using cambium savers (yes I get them stuck.. alot) :lol:

Jay

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my mk3 since November last year. Did not use the mk 1 or 2.

Although I probably have not used it as much as most of the guys on here have used theirs, I do weigh about 16st so its probably under more strain than some ! :biggrin:

No problems so far and I think its very good.

Im also running it with bluetongue 11.7

Edited by ANDY-501

i find blue tongue a bit milky/squashy, and doesnt self tend that well. think i may have prefered the 11.7 hedera which as stiffer might have been better

I feel the same, my poison ivy worked much better, I bit disappointed by it really

I feel the same, my poison ivy worked much better, I bit disappointed by it really

"Blue Tonge" over rated,by some and just not that good by others. I've been using "Elderid" 12mm power static for a few months now and when I first posted that was using it I didn't get any response what so ever it was blue tongue this and blue tongue that now if anybody wants to listen about using 12mm rope in a zag this is the rope. It's a bit pricey at £150 for 45mtrs but it's fab rope and if you bit O.C.D like me it's a gold colour aswell. Only other rope I would recommend would be"poison ivy" 11.7mm as already mentioned.