Kubota GZD21 High lift.. Reviews?

theflyingscotsman

Hi People,

I'm starting to take on 'mower' grass cutting contracts than ever this year.

Has anyone any thoughts on the above? I was looking at the g21/iseki equivalent. Then seen a good ex demo gzd for almost half the RRP---

Anyone who has used one let me know I mainly do 2weekly cuts on large gardens, finish doesn't need to be bowling green, but would be useful if the gzd could cope with the odd high grass verge etc..

Many thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers Colin

Edited by theflyingscotsman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, yesterday we were discussing this same model as our apprentice used one last summer cutting for his local council.

I have to admit I was won over (especially as it is only around 10k) until I read about it being easy to get stuck.

The other machine we are looking at is the Etesia 124 hydro but that require a few more grounds care contracts to justify the expense...

Ty

In the last video the operator really didn't know the machine as the high lift can have both lift and tip done at the same time. I've had a kubota and an iseki with the john deere bought out to a sight we cut every 3 weeks the iseki made the jd look like a toy. The only thing i don't like is as shown in the video when you cut in the collector sticks out. But thats why you have a hydro 80 to trundle round in front taking care of the tight bits.

With an Iskie sxg 19

Etesia hydro 80

Ferriss / skagg

you can tackle anything.

I'm thinking of getting out of grass cutting as new comers are under pricing jobs left right and centre. So all the above machines will be up for sale the iseki has just over 400 hours and was bought in 2013

Hi Guys, thanks for all the responses.

From what I can work out the Gzd21 will cut large flat areas with ease. Nimble on good ground conditions and tips high...

No good on bankings and rougher stuff.

After exhaustive research I reckon I'm going to go for a very low houred one around 100hrs. As my budget isn't huge and I have a big flail to do the bankings/rough stuff, all the places I'm taking the gzd to will be almost level.

I'm using a husky cth224 at present, which is struggling and think that the bigger GZD mower will no doubt be faster round my places.

Also I can't see me getting anything close to 100hours for the money (sub £6k) Most g21/sxg19's hold strong money for machines which have done 700-2500 hours!!!

Thanks again your taking the time to respond.

Wish me luck

Colin