Nissan Cabstar mewp

Joel77

Be careful putting extra pads and boards on the bed or the Cabstar as most are flirting just under the 3.5ton mark by the time you get your bate box in them.

Good stable machine and the out reach is fantastic but total cak off tarmac!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I feel really safe in my LR 110 but when I hire out the bigger tracked or tow along mewp I just don't feel so safe, there very "bouncey" and the nissan goes very high with a massive out reach for such a small truck it was concerning me

I'm going to look in to hire one out for a day to give it a good try before you buy

Hi Joel ,we've got a Ruthmann on a nissan cabstar -27 m working height 15 m outreach and its steady as a rock ,the CTE should be fine at 20 m and 9 m ,we had a 22m ruthmann but found with tree work you need as much height and outreach as possible .

We find the Cabstar is good off road due to it having weight spread evenly over the whole chassis this is with normal summer tyres, ours is 3 years old now and when the rears need replacing we will probably put m+s pattern on .

People have advised you that you need different machines for different jobs which to a certain extent is true,but we find if you own a machine of a certain type you use it and get very clever at getting it in places your also familiar with controls / characteristics so safer.go for it it could open up opportunities for you in other fields as well.

Be careful putting extra pads and boards on the bed or the Cabstar as most are flirting just under the 3.5ton mark by the time you get your bate box in them.

Good stable machine and the out reach is fantastic but total cak off tarmac!

As are most land rover based ones flirting just under the weight.

And transit tippers!!! Well over.:biggrin:

Yeh I know, my 130 with 14.5m on her is 3.1ton as she stands so being careful how I modify it.

Advantage for me is the landy can tow the chipper to site and we have plenty of good places fairly local to hire bigger if needed.

15m outreach is wow!! Can't ask for more than that for such a compact carrier, any pictures?

Yeh I know, my 130 with 14.5m on her is 3.1ton as she stands so being careful how I modify it.

Advantage for me is the landy can tow the chipper to site and we have plenty of good places fairly local to hire bigger if needed.

15m outreach is wow!! Can't ask for more than that for such a compact carrier, any pictures?

There just brought out a new version ours is 3 years old new one will do 16.4 m with 100kg in cage.

Will post some pictures of ours.