Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

1 hour ago, josharb87 said:

Its a good machine, but it does have problems and flaws. Its cheap purchase price keeps me satisfied.

I like the power, width (i can get my tracked jensen and this on the trailer side by side) Grinding ability

But the tooth pocket bolts regularly work their way loose, if you don't catch it in time, the bolts break (no biggie) but if grinding when loose, they wear the holes into an oblong and the metal bulges out, making it impossible to properly tighten. Grinded flat and welded the holes at the weekend and the problems better but not solved, going to be a re-occuring issue i think.

2 grease nipples are a pain in the arse to get to.

At about 50 hours some wires short-circuited themselves, mechanic reckoned they were incorrectly routed. still waiting for the mechanic to write a satisfactory rapport to do a warranty claim.

It just about grinds deep enough, just about grinds high enough and just about wide enough.

build qualitys average at best.

Overall i feel it could be better.

This is a very polite review. I cannot remember if you’re Swedish or a Uk expat (your written English is perfect) but that’s a very English way of expressing massive disappointment in the machine.

13 hours ago, Ian C said:

Thanks josh, an honest review by the sounds of it, you say build is average? What could be improved?

Small things, the tracks catch the body work sometimes when turning, the exhaust guard is now rattling, difficult to get the holes to line up when refitting belt covers, there's a plate between the hydraulic and petrol tank covering the battery, i removed that to disconnect the battery when welding, needed a ratchet strap to pull the tanks together again to line up the holes, the hydraulic/fuel pipes etc rub against a metal plate when swinging the motor/cutter head, theyre bound together with a protective thing but sooner or later they'll wear through

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

This is a very polite review. I cannot remember if you’re Swedish or a Uk expat (your written English is perfect) but that’s a very English way of expressing massive disappointment in the machine.

Need to screenshot your written English comment and send it to my old English teachers! 

UK expat, very mild disappointment, not massive. It's a good grinder for the price, and its mainly small niggles, certainly earns me good money and a big step up in performance from the 272 i used before.

• Like 1

Well if you are English, compliment retracted!

Re. the grinder I have run a couple of Raycos for nearly 20 years and never had any of the issues you described.

Mobark bought the company recently, so I don’t know if that will affect build quality.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Well if you are English, compliment retracted!

Re. the grinder I have run a couple of Raycos for nearly 20 years and never had any of the issues you described.

Mobark bought the company recently, so I don’t know if that will affect build quality.

A friend with the bandit 2550 and another who hires a ZT1844 has the same problem with the wheel/teeth.

What rayco you got? I quite like the look of the rg45, 4x4, but I feel the price difference far outweighs the moderate increase in performance. Not worth it for me just now. 

Josh,  the teeth issue is a thing with the green teeth set up, I hired a carlton 7015 with green teeth on a big job and I wouldn't have them on my own machine, the nuts and pockets get mullered all the time then you cant undo the nuts as there rounded off.

• Like 1