Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

Big Oak Stump from the other week. Had a digger in to help with the arisings and got 10t of soil in after to re structure the area like the client wanted. In the centre part there will be a nice wide grand staircase going in 

IMG_6576.JPG

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_6662.JPG

IMG_6661.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I got lucky thursday, hit a window sash weight, the force broke 3 greenteeth and broke the 50mm round, 300mm long weight in 3 pieces

Then onto a cemetery job, had to gently move a headstone (that must have weighed 300kg) to get our bigger grinder in to get the majority of a stump done and finish off with chainsaw grinder. good fun

IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

Edited by Timbermcpherson
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

PmTBLRK.jpg

One of four stumps which created about 15 cubes of chip. it started off about 1m high, had to grind my way in. grinder had to get up about 30 steps which were to tall and all over the place.

0B0JfrM.jpg

Same stump when we felled it over a year ago, dirt piled right up around it

rOfaT30.jpg

Note the chip viewing platform made from tipping chip down the hill, it ended up being 3m high. Not sure if I charge for it as art or landscaping

Edited by Timbermcpherson
  • Like 2

Your not a proper grinder operator till you have found a water pipe or two [emoji6][emoji56]
It looks pretty dramatic if you catch one of those city underground telecom trunk lines. I was astounded when the engineer glued and stitched it all back together in a couple of hours, back in the mid 1990s when even farting near a service wasn't a hanging and profit making operation.
[emoji12]

• 3 months later...

Great thread guys. I enjoy stump grinding...good money, easy and stress free!! No labour to worry about either. Here's a couple of a decent sized ash stump I did the other day...ground it right down, poor little grinder didn't like going to Australia and at one point it caught against the work and flipped back up, handle bar hit me straight in stomach and winded me[emoji23]

• Like 1

Great thread guys. I enjoy stump grinding...good money, easy and stress free!! No labour to worry about either. Here's a couple of a decent sized ash stump I did the other day...ground it right down, poor little grinder didn't like going to Australia and at one point it caught against the work and flipped back up, handle bar hit me straight in stomach and winded me[emoji23]

I've had that happen a few times with my little Danequip grinder, it's like grinder kickback!
Thrown me to to the ground before with a massive dead leg.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...