Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

3 and half year with the predator 38 rx. I must admit breakdown been due to my own stupidity in service. Leaving gaps so grind material could reach belts. Machine been amazing if you ignore my mistakes. Only 2 jobs I not been able to do. Agility is supreme. When you master this machine and just go on with , before you know it you done a lot of stumps big tricky ones. It have made me a healthy coin .

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Had the STX 26 on demo a while back and liked it (slew angles were a bit different), however I could post loads of photos squeezing the current machine through a standard 30" gateway where the Toro would be sat in the yard. The 26 is so much machine for the money but Toro will not listen to the UK market and build 30" or below whereas Bandit have brought out the ZT1844 and I've ordered one. The same 38hp Kohler engine as the STX 38 but 29" wide for exactly the same money as the Toro - it's a no brainer.

Granted access isn't always an issue but when so many of my jobs are tight domestic back gardens I had only one option.

Regards,

Steve.

Had the STX 26 on demo a while back and liked it (slew angles were a bit different), however I could post loads of photos squeezing the current machine through a standard 30" gateway where the Toro would be sat in the yard. The 26 is so much machine for the money but Toro will not listen to the UK market and build 30" or below whereas Bandit have brought out the ZT1844 and I've ordered one. The same 38hp Kohler engine but 29" wide for exactly the same money as the Toro - it's a no brainer.

Granted access isn't always an issue but when so many of my jobs are tight domestic back gardens I had only one option.

Regards,

Steve.

Completely agree. It's a hired machine I use but get the odd full day with it to earn its cash.

I had a stx26 on demo and Thought it was a bit underpowered, but it was sent out with a full set of completely blunt teeth. The slew style of 20% left and 80% right was odd to me, not really practical.

The machine is very good and very easy to use. The 38 has a Perspex screen in front of the controls which does catch quite a bit.

If I was buying one I would be looking at the narrower bandit or predator machine.

I put the first 2 hours on the 26 demo machine in January so it had new teeth, it felt a bit light on the head and the short tracks weren't great over kerbs and garden edgings but other than that it was ok. Put it to work on some Laurel then some Robinia Pseudoacacia!

[ATTACH]222705[/ATTACH]

Looked at all manufacturers at the AA show and the Predator was looking good till I saw the Bandit, the only thing the 28X has going for it is the expanding tracks, but for me they're not worth £3K plus VAT and I've heard a few bad stories about warranties not being backed - disclaimer - hearsay only.

Regards,

Steve.