Husqvarna 160s

Daythe trees

Hi all,

A friend of mine asked me to look at his chainsaw and give it a service. I was in for a surprise when he arrived with a decent sized but clearly old husqvarna, I have identified it as a 160s ( I could be wrong) . Having had a poke around it, I spoke to him and said it needs a few parts not many but it doesn't have a brake so would he please buy a small modern homeowner machine or get me to do his cutting. He agreed with me and I said I'd ask if it's worth anything to help finance his new machine.

Any thoughts?

image.jpg.740246db03272cc6714d686c84d5dd58.jpg

Looks like an L65 to me, some were manufactured in Yugoslavia and some in Sweden.

If it is running - £50 - 70, I did have one in real nice condition sell for circa £120 a few years back!

Be careful what you rest it on whilst running as the exhaust vents downwards and can set grass on fire:lol:

Sorry Spud i have to correct you here it is an A65, you can tell by the starter grill, the muffler was also held with studs and nutsrather than threw bolts, as a mater of intrest at the end of production of the L65 they were made in the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia, it also had a manual chain brake.

Sorry Spud i have to correct you here it is an A65, you can tell by the starter grill, the muffler was also held with studs and nutsrather than threw bolts, as a mater of intrest at the end of production of the L65 they were made in the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia, it also had a manual chain brake.

I noticed the square protrusion on the recoil, mine was circular, thought it may just be denoting the different country of manufacture but bow to your greater knowledge:thumbup: