Push bikes on road do they go in middle of road or not thanks

mendiplogs

Cyclists should be within a metre of the curb. Modern riders seem to wiggle around all over the road like a drunk and unaware of traffic behind and give a huge amount of verbal abuse should someone toot a horn to warn them.

Too much steriods and coffee based drinks?

Hi mate this chap was over 2)2:5mt over thanks Jon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclists should be within a metre of the curb. Modern riders seem to wiggle around all over the road like a drunk and unaware of traffic behind and give a huge amount of verbal abuse should someone toot a horn to warn them.

Too much steriods and coffee based drinks?

:lol::lol::lol:

Followed a bike last night up hill, I wanted to turn left at the junction ahead but dutifully waited behind him. The ignorant twinkle knew I was waiting behind him but still merrily got to the junction and turned left.

I'm sorry, but if you want respect from other road users, respect both them and the rules of the road. Red lights, zebra crossings, one way streets are applicable to all road users, including cyclists

Followed a bike last night up hill, I wanted to turn left at the junction ahead but dutifully waited behind him. The ignorant twinkle knew I was waiting behind him but still merrily got to the junction and turned left.

I'm sorry, but if you want respect from other road users, respect both them and the rules of the road. Red lights, zebra crossings, one way streets are applicable to all road users, including cyclists

Lots of one way streets round our way aren't applicable to cyclists

HI ALL following bikes today and they were near the hedge so good thanks jon :thumbup:

• 8 months later...

i think the reason why a lot of people don't use cycle paths is that they are used by so many other people, if your out on a training ride on your bike and doing 20 to 25mph you get people walking across the path who give you abuse when you want to pass (and then you've lost your speed and rythym anyway) then theres dog walkers, a mate of mine broke his collar bone the other day when he got tangled in an extendable dog lead, then theres parents with little kids on bikes with stabilisers, I'm not saying these people shouldn't use the cycle paths but if your a serious cyclist its just easier to use the road.

i think the reason why a lot of people don't use cycle paths is that they are used by so many other people, if your out on a training ride on your bike and doing 20 to 25mph you get people walking across the path who give you abuse when you want to pass (and then you've lost your speed and rythym anyway) then theres dog walkers, a mate of mine broke his collar bone the other day when he got tangled in an extendable dog lead, then theres parents with little kids on bikes with stabilisers, I'm not saying these people shouldn't use the cycle paths but if your a serious cyclist its just easier to use the road.

Which is fine until you get to a herd of them who think they own the road or those who have no respect for other road users and the Highway Code a little consideration from all users would be better :)

, I'm not saying these people shouldn't use the cycle paths.

There may lie the problem- all of the tracks round our way are green ways and not cycle tracks. You cant do 20-25 mph and mix that speed with walkers, dogs and little kids on bikes with stabilisers. Some real dicks riding bikes round our way. I'm a regular cyclist BTW.