dam ldv! buying new van and need advice

Czlowiek Drzewo

yeah i don't do much site clearance work. i do get big jobs but can handle with van and chipper.

Mog is out of my league just now

Can you be more specific about the work you do? What sort of mileage do you do, how much load do you carry over what mileage etc, do you do one job every two or three days or 4-5 jobs a day.

I may not be able to offer much advice but I'm interested as to why the LDV was no good and also I think "tree work" is extremely varied, we do not all do the same work. I, for instance, hardly ever carry woodchip more than 4 miles, occasionaly upto 8 miles or so yet I work upto a 40 mile radius. If I was carrying a full load of woodchip back 40 miles at the end of the day regulary I would never buy an LDV, I would go japanese. If I did 4-5 jobs a day I would probably go Transit. If I employed people to drive for me I would go newer (not necessarily new) but self drive you can have an older vehicle if you look after it.

If your main income is from hauling wood/woodchips away from jobs then you need a haulage vehicle and an LDV is not a haulage vehicle IMO.

You know what I would just go for the one that looks the best to you.

I agree ^^^^^^^^

You'll get so many pros and cons from people on here your head will be more baffled than when you started, Ive always thought this, When it comes to machines with engines, any machine, car, van, chainsaw or train, you get good ones and you get bad ones, ive heard people say how much they love their van and its never let them down, then another person comes along and says your joking ive had one of them 6 months and its been a right dog no end of trouble, Have a look and see what you like matey, :001_cool:

You pays your money, you takes your chance with any machine IMO

I agree ^^^^^^^^

You'll get so many pros and cons from people on here your head will be more baffled than when you started, Ive always thought this, When it comes to machines with engines, any machine, car, van, chainsaw or train, you get good ones and you get bad ones, ive heard people say how much they love their van and its never let them down, then another person comes along and says your joking ive had one of them 6 months and its been a right dog no end of trouble, Have a look and see what you like matey, :001_cool:

You pays your money, you takes your chance with any machine IMO

Well said.

TBH that was exactly what I was thinking but cba typing it all out :001_tongue:

aparently the clutch go on the new transit quite quick from what i have bein told, i have atransit my self but looking into a hilux :001_smile:

Yup -Dual Mass rubbish-you can convert them -( obviously after yr clutch has blown is ass down the road) but then -I don't call that exactly reliable,

K

I would go for those big Chevvy ex-army ones, used to be lots about , they are tuff. Three ton dead-I seem to remember.

Edited by Khriss
DONT ASK-YOU MUPPET!