Which Mulching mower?

jamesd

I have a Honda HRX 537 HY. I think its great at mulching and it has a gate you can open and close for collecting or muclhing! I had a stiga for a short while and it was not much good and put me off mulching. I find mulching only works in dry short grass and you can adjust hydro lever for wheel speed which you can slow down & mulch to a good quality cut or speed up for collecting and it does go very fast with retaing cut quality! I like it and would recomend!

I have a Honda HRX 537 HY. I think its great at mulching and it has a gate you can open and close for collecting or muclhing! I had a stiga for a short while and it was not much good and put me off mulching. I find mulching only works in dry short grass and you can adjust hydro lever for wheel speed which you can slow down & mulch to a good quality cut or speed up for collecting and it does go very fast with retaing cut quality! I like it and would recomend!

Thanks for the help, I presume I would get a similar effect if I brought a mulching kit for my Honda hrh 536hxe?

Look at the Rover 880M115B or sometimes called the procut 560.

It has a disc underneath the deck with swing tip blades instead of a single blade that is liable to damage if you hit anything whilst mowing.

It has an adjustable gearbox with reinforced axle

1 year commercial warranty

You can get anti vibration handles

With the 4 swing tips fitted, It can give you striped lawn without the need for a rear roller

Ideal built in mulcher

A lot cheaper price @ £899 inc vat.

Specification

Bag Capacity 58 litre

Cutting Height Range 12-77 mm 12 positions

Cutting Width 56cm / 22 in

Deck Material alloy

Engine Briggs and Stratton, 850 series

Handle Type easy fold system

Start Type recoil

Warranty 1 Year professional 2 Year domestic

Weight 45 kg

Rover Mower 880M115B

I used to have a Victa 2 stroke mower with swing blades. It made an awsome sound, went through any thing you through at it. however it was very thirsty & had no self drive. I did like it & with a bit of modern development it would be great also Iam a big 2 stroke fan! On the 537 it has a rubber matt that drags behind this makes a slight strip. Its never going to be as good as a roller turing over the grass & dissplacing most of mower wieght on the ground. Regards mulching I have only had 537 this season and recently learnt one reason why its so good at mulching the hydro drive alows it to move at any sleep so you can mover very slowly over thick grass and it has time to chop it to almost nothing. Speed it up it chokes and gets messy. I think hydro drive is amazing for mulching you have complete control over cut quality & speed & shes 6.5hp so its got some grunt! The more i use it the more i like it!