A short flight in the woods

eddiegts

I am not insured through the bmfa but I am a member & insured by another company. If you not doing paid work there is no requirement to be insured or notify anyone of your activity.

Yes, no need to be insured as a hobby user however if flying/filming commercially/for profit then you must be insured.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For £32 a year BMFA insurance is well worth it …… when you consider the price of a quad-copter.

i've been a member for nearly 40 years and have witnessed several accidents / incidents involving flying models…… some involving £1000's

The general public will take you for every penny they can , given the chance...

Better to be safe than sorry……..:thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

I bought myself a "parrot rolling spider minidrone" (wheels come off to become a normal drone) my thought was that rather than climb to check for eggs in nest/ damage in unions/ rot high up in the canopy etc i could just send this mini drone to take some pictures. The best part is that it is a palm sized drone controlled from your smart phone/ ipad/ tablet. Havent had the chance to use it yet as am still off injured but will post some pictures as soon as im able. Check out [ame]

[/ame]