Climbing type A or C, help? :(

StirlingArb

I fully agree for the sake of a small amount more weight. Why risk it too look good?

Its not about how you look .....Its how you feel ...Sweating bloody light bulbs or slightely cooler and able to concentrate on what you are doing .

I find I don't really sweat huge amounts when I climb it's more when I get down and have to drag the brash.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree for the sake of a small amount more weight. Why risk it too look good? Your saw work is good till you have that momentary lapse of concentration or over confidence.

Been climbing like a nutter for 17yrs now and always worn type c's. Hit the back of my calf twice with a 200 and although they were very light touches it still hit the protection.

In my opinion Type A's are for groundies.

sounds like u need to ware typ,C,s:001_rolleyes:

Oh I do in deed because oh yeah that's because I'd rather be safe than sorry.

All I've done is offer some sound advice oh and look the haters have to hate sad sad world we live in.

not @ all mi boy, just concerned yr using a saw close to the bk off yr legs ,its not in the training is it ,???

not @ all mi boy, just concerned yr using a saw close to the bk off yr legs ,its not in the training is it ,???

I've been climbing 17yrs daily. I've had plenty of close calls but no chainsaw cuts. You put a roll eyes at the end. Please don't patronise me with its not in the training is it.

I've trained plenty of guys over the years oh and guess what a couple of them have cut themselves how??? Because they were doing something that they shouldn't be doing a silly mistake they all say but I'm sure you'll be quick to blame the training now lol. How many people on here with a good few years of experience can say that they haven't done a one handed cut and hold? That's in the training as a no no but do you do it?.

When your reducing the top out of a big leylandii your making loads of cuts all around your legs.

I'm not saying don't get the A's I'm merely saying that it is possible being a climber to have a silly mistake maybe rushing or thinking it'll be ok this once moment in those instances are when it happens and if your wearing full protection you can be like ooh F**k best not do that again and crack on not have to get down or potentially be rescued and be off work for however long with no money coming in to support your family.

They recommend climbing in type c's

We may not like it but just be bloody grateful that they don't make a chainsaw jacket mandatory.

God anyone that's cut themselves must wear one of those now don't they? well personally you would think so seeing as your advising that I need to wear type c's. Lmfao

I've been climbing 17yrs daily. I've had plenty of close calls but no chainsaw cuts. You put a roll eyes at the end. Please don't patronise me with its not in the training is it.

I've trained plenty of guys over the years oh and guess what a couple of them have cut themselves how??? Because they were doing something that they shouldn't be doing a silly mistake they all say but I'm sure you'll be quick to blame the training now lol. How many people on here with a good few years of experience can say that they haven't done a one handed cut and hold? That's in the training as a no no but do you do it?.

When your reducing the top out of a big leylandii your making loads of cuts all around your legs.

I'm not saying don't get the A's I'm merely saying that it is possible being a climber to have a silly mistake maybe rushing or thinking it'll be ok this once moment in those instances are when it happens and if your wearing full protection you can be like ooh F**k best not do that again and crack on not have to get down or potentially be rescued and be off work for however long with no money coming in to support your family.

We may not like it but just be bloody grateful that they don't make a chainsaw jacket mandatory.

God anyone that's cut themselves must wear one of those now don't they? well personally you would think so seeing as your advising that I need to wear type c's. Lmfao

Yes and I'm also grateful type C's aren't mandatory either :biggrin:

I take it that if "chainsaw jackets" were recommended by HSE, you would wear one???