Lawnflite PRO553 HRS - Thoughts?

Tom87

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use to use a lawnflite but after about two years of use we started to have problems with the gearbox. so now its just kept as a spare.

Back on to honda 536's now, can't fault them strong reliable parts are easy to get. Does not pick up the grass as well in the wet as the lawnflite, but hey ones about 10years old and still going strong....

All the parts are available for honda/kaaz gearboxes so no need to spend 300 quid a go. The gearbox runs close to the ground so is open to dirt/grass, etc. The mower will need annual maintenance including the gearbox....

The main issues with all mowers are lack of maintenance especially given the daily use they get.....

All roller mowers suffer drive issues in one form or another. The Kaaz are about the best in my opinion.

Most of the roller drive problems on any make arise from using the mower in wet, muddy conditions, where water enters the bearings, gearboxes and ratchet clutches I don't see why they need to be used in these condition. Either don't cut the grass if its wet and muddy, or if you have to cut, uses a more resilient 4 wheeled machine.

Save the roller for when conditions improve and the lawn needs to look its best.

All roller mowers suffer drive issues in one form or another. The Kaaz are about the best in my opinion.

Most of the roller drive problems on any make arise from using the mower in wet, muddy conditions, where water enters the bearings, gearboxes and ratchet clutches I don't see why they need to be used in these condition. Either don't cut the grass if its wet and muddy, or if you have to cut, uses a more resilient 4 wheeled machine.

Save the roller for when conditions improve and the lawn needs to look its best.

Which of the 4 wheeled mowers with drive would you say have the least problems?

Which of the 4 wheeled mowers with drive would you say have the least problems?

There are very many perfectly good 4 wheeled mowers, and a few bad ones!

Keep away from shed stores models and the lesser known ones off the web.

Go for recognised brand names and for one that your local dealer stocks, as a good backup is important even for a quality brand.

The strongest and most trouble free will have Ally wheels, Rubber tyres, Precision, sealed, ball or roller bearings in the wheels and a Briggs or Kawasaki engine (Honda as long as it is a GX, skip the GC, in my opinion).

Forget ones with silly multi angle handle locks, they just break.

The best for commercial use is, in my opinion the Kaaz (or variants) and it also has a shaft drive to the gearbox.

John Deere R series are also very good, as are the Stiga aluminium deck machines.

There are a few I would avoid but its not fair to name them on a public forum.