Day rates?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huck, many lads are on £80/day.

If you're supplying saw, fuel, PPE etc. however, it simply means your options will be pretty limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Depends, if its a first step on the road, you live at home with limited overheads, its a chance to learn the job and make contacts.

With time and experience better rates and other options will follow :thumbup1:

Play for the long game would be my advice :001_smile:

If I was a lottery winner I'd think of other things to be doing I'm sure 😜

I currently live my partner, she earns good money from her work but it would nice to not be scratching around for money all the time.

It seems a long time since I have earns over £80 a day, or when jobs in the smoke came up for £200 a day, gone are the old days of good money.

I'm really keen to get into forest work and work as hard as possible I just don't want to do myself out of money that I could be earning.

Depends, if its a first step on the road, you live at home with limited overheads, its a chance to learn the job and make contacts.

With time and experience better rates and other options will follow :thumbup1:

Play for the long game would be my advice :001_smile:

I have some experience in the woods with dragging and burning, post peeling and fence making just need to get into it more and earn the right sort of money.

80 quid a day is at the bottom end of the scale up here for a cutter with about 150 quid being top end. Cutters with only cs 30 - 31 would only get bottom end money . Fuel and saw costs are usually much higher for production forestry.