Battery Powered top handle saws

thtc

My ms 200t has finally got to the point of no repair (its lasted nearly 10 years) so I am looking at a new top handle saw. As I have the full Makita battery product range I have had a go with there top handled saw (rrp £230) and to be fair it was pretty good. I love stihl and husky's for the bigger saws has anyone used a battery saw for any length of time and how do you rate them ?

Just end of year treated myself to a husky 1 and have been using it quite a lot from the landy mewp and has really impressed me I'd say it's filling the gap between the legendary 200t and a really sharp silky. Don't expect it to do a full dismantle but it'll strip out a crown on a cut and chuck job with easy communication with groundstaff and excellent on reducing stuff.

i used the husky one - its weird but kind of nice. It starts up with no hassle, and its very quite. Its like vutting with a silky but quicker and with out the tennis elbow. Crap when stuff gets big though. I had to dead wood a mature oak using one taking off 10" diameter stuff with it was a bit of a chore.