Jump to content
aspenarb

Fings wot broke

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PeteB said:

Always surprised that on these types/uses of shaft, that there isn't a couple of grease nipples to be able to lather them up along shaft length!?! There is a hell of a lot of torsional drag when raising or lowering the tool with power on, that 'twist' really does put pressure of the tubes as well as the spiders but it ain't easy to lubricate the inner and outer surfaces.

Grease? Dirty horrible stuff, we don’t bother with any of that.... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ram on the RSL thumb decided to fall apart, not too bad considering its been in daily use for yonks. Could have done without the hydraulic oil spill though  :thumbdown:

Upside is RSL sent out a new one on the overnight :thumbup1:

 

IMG_2957.thumb.JPG.317783eeea2cc3cd25c46a270378f597.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

The ram on the RSL thumb decided to fall apart, not too bad considering its been in daily use for yonks. Could have done without the hydraulic oil spill though  :thumbdown:

Upside is RSL sent out a new one on the overnight :thumbup1:

 

IMG_2957.thumb.JPG.317783eeea2cc3cd25c46a270378f597.JPG

Is the truck about to become a beavertail behind the mudguard?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/11/2019 at 19:17, PeteB said:

Is the truck about to become a beavertail behind the mudguard?

Dont panic Pete its a hydraulic beavertail  from where the box is back :laugh1:

 

IMG_2958.thumb.JPG.631b64173dd73e49b79890053350be4b.JPG

 

Timberwolf tow chipper bearings were up for replacement, Danny at Green plant had a rummage about and found me an old stock greaseable bearing kit. Have to see how this fairs up, seems well made.

 

IMG_2997.thumb.JPG.4821c99e49cfb7a76bb44260dbc5b667.JPGIMG_2996.thumb.JPG.2c7d4e9bf69d373ecb3d8277847b6a24.JPG

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

Dont panic Pete its a hydraulic beavertail  from where the box is back :laugh1:

 

IMG_2958.thumb.JPG.631b64173dd73e49b79890053350be4b.JPG

 

Timberwolf tow chipper bearings were up for replacement, Danny at Green plant had a rummage about and found me an old stock greaseable bearing kit. Have to see how this fairs up, seems well made.

 

IMG_2997.thumb.JPG.4821c99e49cfb7a76bb44260dbc5b667.JPGIMG_2996.thumb.JPG.2c7d4e9bf69d373ecb3d8277847b6a24.JPG

 

 

 

 

Good chap that Danny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Dont panic Pete its a hydraulic beavertail  from where the box is back :laugh1:

 

IMG_2958.thumb.JPG.631b64173dd73e49b79890053350be4b.JPG

 

Timberwolf tow chipper bearings were up for replacement, Danny at Green plant had a rummage about and found me an old stock greaseable bearing kit. Have to see how this fairs up, seems well made.

 

IMG_2997.thumb.JPG.4821c99e49cfb7a76bb44260dbc5b667.JPGIMG_2996.thumb.JPG.2c7d4e9bf69d373ecb3d8277847b6a24.JPG

 

 

 

 

Blimey! Just noticed the blade and the angle!!! Is it as bad as it looks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Transit door went into lockdown.  Used my glass removing tools to take out the quarterlight..

 

IMG_3067.thumb.JPG.73f7c6102118f3679fdb79712a5e2bee.JPG

 

That was no help, the door would still not open so with the help of an angry grinder and some red mist I made a few precision cuts to access the lock.

 

IMG_3069.thumb.JPG.5af931d5dc36028f65c8b4377f040fc6.JPG

 

IMG_3070.thumb.JPG.c812c204f4b1efb34bea1cc17d54886b.JPG

 

IMG_3068.thumb.JPG.f055a97254d3aab4b33f2b034a42704f.JPG

 

Tin of touch up paint from halfords :thumbup1: Not really, fitted another door off an old snotter thats parked up for bits.

 

IMG_3071.thumb.JPG.cccd8b6985decb0bf48a5021865394ba.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Transit door went into lockdown.  Used my glass removing tools to take out the quarterlight..

 

IMG_3067.thumb.JPG.73f7c6102118f3679fdb79712a5e2bee.JPG

 

That was no help, the door would still not open so with the help of an angry grinder and some red mist I made a few precision cuts to access the lock.

 

IMG_3069.thumb.JPG.5af931d5dc36028f65c8b4377f040fc6.JPG

 

IMG_3070.thumb.JPG.c812c204f4b1efb34bea1cc17d54886b.JPG

 

IMG_3068.thumb.JPG.f055a97254d3aab4b33f2b034a42704f.JPG

 

Tin of touch up paint from halfords :thumbup1: Not really, fitted another door off an old snotter thats parked up for bits.

 

IMG_3071.thumb.JPG.cccd8b6985decb0bf48a5021865394ba.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You need a pi-key - they can open all transit doors in seconds Bob...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.