Fings wot broke

aspenarb

I used to find them transit keys wore really fast.... Then you had to do the up down giggle wiggle in the key hole to get it to work. 

The ignition barrel would take a polished near non existent key but the doors were a pain! 

Wasn't worth the hassle of the battery running out in the remote! At like 12.00 for a new remote and battery lol 

well i can add a tiny item to the list of whats broke...

been taking advantadge of this lock down and decided to do a decent job of steam clean under landy and underseal.    good old landrover decided along with all rust and mud to shed weight it would add rear bumpstops to pile, wiped off by pressure wash.   on positive side chassis below is solid so it will see first ever underseal in its 17 yrs of life to preserve that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bastardo.....

Loader bracket bolt.... Big ISH thing.... Tried heat with my little torch and stilsons.... Then welded a big nut on and then heated the heck out of the bolt and casing.... Bolt sheared behind the weld.... Twat. 

Left for another day. Any suggestions?

IMG_20200415_190631.jpg

35 minutes ago, swinny said:

Bastardo.....

Loader bracket bolt.... Big ISH thing.... Tried heat with my little torch and stilsons.... Then welded a big nut on and then heated the heck out of the bolt and casing.... Bolt sheared behind the weld.... Twat. 

IMG_20200415_190631.jpg

Put it all back together, araldite the head back on and pretend it never happened... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

In those circumstances I usually consider moving house, changing identity, becoming a sex worker in Amsterdam and leaving the whole damn thing behind

..... Better hours and wages fella  ?  K

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Bastardo.....

IMG_20200415_190631.jpg

(Pay someone to) Grind it flush, drill it out and rethread? Although I'd rather mick's solution... tulips are lovely this time of year..!

Or if you're selling it soon, go with the araldite!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Bastardo.....

IMG_20200415_190631.jpg

Difficult  ( high tensile steel bolt with mild steel E6013 weld =shear point) try a thick strip with hole in it to weld end on to - lots of heat, gives you somethink to turn it with. But 50/50  chance ?  k

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Bastardo.....

IMG_20200415_190631.jpg

Just weld a flat bar with hole same as thread size and weld it together with a good rod 7016 or 7018 and let it cool as when welded it will expand threaded piece so tightening it in casting. 

• Like 2