Fings wot broke

aspenarb

The tracked timberwolf`was screaming its nuts off the other day so i thought it was bearing time again so pulled it apart only to find a lump of steel bar had managed to wind its way tight into the gap where the bearing run against the casing. Anyway it was in bits so while at it I converted it to greaseable :)

All the normal malarkey , drop the belts of , mark up the caps ,drive hub and pull it out of the machine.

image.jpg5_zpsor3e1l4a.jpg

image.jpg3_zpssk8e2pvh.jpgimage.jpg4_zpsumgeovt0.jpg

The seal carrier with the offending lump of steel that jammed it up

image.jpg1_zpspmv0iiqq.jpg

Ferking great socket on the 1" nut gun to get the big nut off the shaft.

image.jpg2_zps4zlhmbg9.jpg

Press the old bearings off.

image.jpg4_zpsfwv9tulm.jpg

One was bone dry and the other burnt looking :thumbdown:

image.jpg5_zpsrt11zmzf.jpg

Drilled and tapped the rotor 1/8bsp to take a grease nipple.

image.jpg4_zpsdlqbfvzw.jpg

Pressed the new bearings on the shaft after removing the inner seals. Next to no grease in them anyway :thumbdown:

image.jpg5_zpstfymgahd.jpg

Stuck it back together and pumped the rotor hub full of grease until it just started to ooze past the outer seals of the bearing. Took the nipple out and fitted a blanking plug, it can have a few pumps of fresh grease when the blades get changed

image.jpg3_zpsfbtexpkq.jpg

image.jpg2_zps2laacy8g.jpg

All back together with new belts, put a smear of silicone sealer on the hub face just to stop any grease escaping into the engine bay .

image.jpg4_zpseee5ghnn.jpg

The tracked timberwolf`was screaming its nuts off the other day so i thought it was bearing time again so pulled it apart only to find a lump of steel bar had managed to wind its way tight into the gap where the bearing run against the casing. Anyway it was in bits so while at it I converted it to greaseable :)

All the normal malarkey , drop the belts of , mark up the caps ,drive hub and pull it out of the machine.

image.jpg5_zpsor3e1l4a.jpg

image.jpg3_zpssk8e2pvh.jpgimage.jpg4_zpsumgeovt0.jpg

The seal carrier with the offending lump of steel that jammed it up

image.jpg1_zpspmv0iiqq.jpg

Ferking great socket on the 1" nut gun to get the big nut off the shaft.

image.jpg2_zps4zlhmbg9.jpg

Press the old bearings off.

image.jpg4_zpsfwv9tulm.jpg

One was bone dry and the other burnt looking :thumbdown:

image.jpg5_zpsrt11zmzf.jpg

Drilled and tapped the rotor 1/8bsp to take a grease nipple.

image.jpg4_zpsdlqbfvzw.jpg

Pressed the new bearings on the shaft after removing the inner seals. Next to no grease in them anyway :thumbdown:

image.jpg5_zpstfymgahd.jpg

Stuck it back together and pumped the rotor hub full of grease until it just started to ooze past the outer seals of the bearing. Took the nipple out and fitted a blanking plug, it can have a few pumps of fresh grease when the blades get changed

image.jpg3_zpsfbtexpkq.jpg

image.jpg2_zps2laacy8g.jpg

All back together with new belts, put a smear of silicone sealer on the hub face just to stop any grease escaping into the engine bay .

image.jpg4_zpseee5ghnn.jpg

How many hours did that take to mess about with?

Looks to be a right pain!

Your blokes are incredible but so is your patience. I'd have had a nervous breakdown years ago.

From what i have read, Bob has the patience of a saint.

Best picture was of the 360 that returned after a job, lads beat the hell out of it. Would have beat the hell out of the lads if it where my machine.

From what i have read, Bob has the patience of a saint.

Best picture was of the 360 that returned after a job, lads beat the hell out of it. Would have beat the hell out of the lads if it where my machine.

Its not that bad really, things like the timberwolf are flogged to death. Its just come back from a job where it was screaming its nuts off for eight weeks running all day every day, two hired in chippers expired ( Jenson) on the same job and had to be swapped over so the timberwolf did well. The digger is partly my fault for allowing someone that can drive a digger in there rather than using a digger driver. Big difference.

Bob