Grass cutting price per hour, help ASAP!

mowingjamie

Hi guys, been asked to look at a grass cutting job at a very large statly house about 30mins away from me. They want the grass cutting every 3 weeks but the lawns are at least 3 - 4 acres. I have a kubota g18 which i know is up to the job but just never had such a large area to cut at once.

Price wise iam keen to stay away from a quoted price as it will just add pressure to me which i do not want from this job as i dont really need it anyway.

So was going to go in with a price per hour, i usually charge about £30 per hour with the ride on for me and if i have a mate £15 per hour for him. Now i know for a fact that she isnt getting any other prices at all and ive got the job but just want to make sure the job pays well. Does these prices seem reasonable on such a large job? They will of course include any fuel i use and will charge hourly rate when travelling to the job. So would you charge more or less per hour? All help gratefully recieved!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

every 3weeks?

the extra growth on that third week is going to be a killer especially when wet

(hope it's not though ) i would charge extra per hour for being outside of 2 weeks rota that i do !

i assume your collecting with the machine you have ?

the extra growth will fill that bag fast and thus more trips to empty slowing you down again (assuming the grass grows at a reasonable rate )

i just wouldn't do it and explain this to the customer that in the long run the lawns will be worse and will take longer thus costing them more money than if they had you do it every 2 weeks

every 3weeks?

the extra growth on that third week is going to be a killer especially when wet

(hope it's not though ) i would charge extra per hour for being outside of 2 weeks rota that i do !

i assume your collecting with the machine you have ?

the extra growth will fill that bag fast and thus more trips to empty slowing you down again (assuming the grass grows at a reasonable rate )

i just wouldn't do it and explain this to the customer that in the long run the lawns will be worse and will take longer thus costing them more money than if they had you do it every 2 weeks

This !!

Hi guys, been asked to look at a grass cutting job at a very large statly house about 30mins away from me. They want the grass cutting every 3 weeks but the lawns are at least 3 - 4 acres. I have a kubota g18 which i know is up to the job but just never had such a large area to cut at once.

Price wise iam keen to stay away from a quoted price as it will just add pressure to me which i do not want from this job as i dont really need it anyway.

So was going to go in with a price per hour, i usually charge about £30 per hour with the ride on for me and if i have a mate £15 per hour for him. Now i know for a fact that she isnt getting any other prices at all and ive got the job but just want to make sure the job pays well. Does these prices seem reasonable on such a large job? They will of course include any fuel i use and will charge hourly rate when travelling to the job. So would you charge more or less per hour? All help gratefully recieved!

I would get them on a fortnightly cut if we have a wet summer you will not keep on top of it plus that's going to make your mower work hard. The big outfits round here charge no more than £37.00 an hour for good kit and two blokes.

Hi ,I had a similar job when I first started ,it killed my mowers cutting every 3 weeks has said the 3 weeks growth will be colossal!

I found the bigger the estate's are, the tighter they are ,sack it before you start unless you get it done on a fortnightly basis .

Ste

cheers guys, its going to look rough i know every 3 weeks! iam hopefully going to have a meeting with them tomorow to find out more. Ideally im hopeing that they have a mower there that i can use but nothing has been said about that yet. There is an old guy who cuts it last 40 years whos given up with it, he might have the right idea! Iam busy now with lots of prodjects so really dont need any hassle with this. I might say £30 per hour me or £40 for 2 of us and if they dont like it nothing lost.