Purpose-built and Track-based Harvester Thread

The company who had my machine before me went to a Ponsse Fox which is a touch bigger than the beaver? I'm told they are aggressive "point and shoot" machines and that I wouldn't like it?! Like you, familiar with TJ now so would want to stick with it. Looked at a 911 but couldn't fit in the cab! Seriously cramped in there!

I'm not sure if Fox is bigger than Beaver or not i think its just newer and different. Both can take the C5 and C6 heads and have the same crane on so the business end is the same. I think Mike Gillette got one. I think the the 1070 cab is a little cosy, mostly filled up with the chair. At least the Ponsse chair goes all the way around and has a huge cab that you can fit at least 3 people in 4 at a squeeze.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if Fox is bigger than Beaver or not i think its just newer and different. Both can take the C5 and C6 heads and have the same crane on so the business end is the same. I think Mike Gillette got one. I think the the 1070 cab is a little cosy, mostly filled up with the chair. At least the Ponsse chair goes all the way around and has a huge cab that you can fit at least 3 people in 4 at a squeeze.

1070 cab seems so much bigger than Valmet tho, ponsse must be massive then! I know what you mean about the chair, it rubs the back as you turn to get at the lunch box or book box. I recall being in a fairly fresh Logset 6F cab recently, was soooo comfortable and spacious, loved it. TJ cabs I can stretch my legs a little bit tho if needs be. Sit up and beg in the 911!

What do people think of the Ponsse 'scorpion' configuration?

Ask the boys as Ponsse how many cranes they have welded up and why from next year they are going to stop making them. You will get a good answer

Ask the boys as Ponsse how many cranes they have welded up and why from next year they are going to stop making them. You will get a good answer

Is that a world wide thing or just here in the UK. I only ask as what we put through the head is a lot bigger and and bushier than it is ever going to get in Scandinavia.

Is that a world wide thing or just here in the UK. I only ask as what we put through the head is a lot bigger and and bushier than it is ever going to get in Scandinavia.

I just heard it from a few contractors in Scotland. It doesn't take a genius to look at that crane and work out what will happen. It's a good design just needs tweaking

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...