Is Leylandii/Conifer Logs worth anything?

Sussex Groundie

Ah, I had wondered if it had kept alive somehow.

Those in the know love it as a firewood.

Trouble is, Joe public doesn't really trust it, so you may have difficulty selling it.

I remember that storm, I was in St. Leonards at the time, I sent the wifey off to walk to work through it, I went back to sleep :thumbup:

I burn it in my stove I find anything coniferous burns well once seasoned and it generates a lot of heat.

The best advice anyone selling firewood should be giving there customers is to sweep the chimney flu regularly.

Just calculate what each log is worth once split roughly in the area between 15-25p per log perhaps more I'm not in log sales. Workout from there wether you'll make a profit after labour extraction.

I have to agree with everyone's comments above, and I'm just a home user.

We purchased a house with massively overgrown leylandii hedges and trees, and chopped them all down as first business to replace them with a native hedge.

After a years drying, we've had two years worth of lovely free leylandii heat in the stove, and I'd quite happily purchase it in future for a good price, nothing wrong with it at all.

Its great firewood, bit sappy so watch how you handle it in the house. Its supposed to spit a bit on an open fire so maybe best in a woodburner.

I've had mine cut into around three foot lengths and leaned against standing tress for the last few years - I find the rain washes out the sap so when you come to log it, no problem.

Ah, I had wondered if it had kept alive somehow.

Those in the know love it as a firewood.

Trouble is, Joe public doesn't really trust it, so you may have difficulty selling it.

I remember that storm, I was in St. Leonards at the time, I sent the wifey off to walk to work through it, I went back to sleep :thumbup:

Well it would have been be too risky to try driving her to work in it wouldn't it :lol: