Can I borrow......

stewie

I won't lend anything out, but I'll go and do the job. That way I know nothing is being abused, no one is going to hurt themselves with my tools and I'll get a few cups of tea for it

This.

For family and close mates who do the same for me.

Other than that I'm happy to supply a competitive quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll do pretty much anything for mates but I'll not lend anything out that I couldn't survive without. I've given mates spare climbing kits for whatever reason but thats to experienced guys who I have no doubts over whatsoever.

Most of my mates aren't in this game and I wouldn't want it hanging over me if they borrowed something serious and hurt themselves anyway. I'll just explain that they can buy my Mrs a bunch of flowers and make me a few cups of coffee and I'll come and do something that would take them a couple of weekends in a few hours and everyone is happy!

Certainly not anything with a 2 stroke engine gets lent out,i have occasionally lent other stuff to trusted fellow tree workers who were in a muddle.

On the other hand so called 'friends' or remote members of family would call round when i was at work and mrs oldwoodcutter would take them in the yard where they would find what they were looking for,the last 2 occasions one borrowed my best axe which was my fathers,and that came back with the handle all splintered near the head,and then my set of ladders were eventually returned covered in homebases finest gloss.

After that i said to her 'no more' .

I lend expensive/valued equipment with moving parts to a select elite few whom I am confident in.

Other things like manual post basher more liberally.

I have saws, because I care for them and saved up for them. Why should anyone else share that privledge.

Would you ask someone you know to borrow his ferrari? Same reasoning applies.