Is this safe to climb and rig off

NickinMids

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally looking at the pics I would tie into the tree next door and dismantle away from there. If it had to be rigged out because of targets you could use the tree you are tying into if suitable. If not hand hold dismantle and board out the lawn.

During the storms I went up a Lombardy like that, it was slightly fractured from the winds at the base but I thought I would climb it. Got around 40ft up and the groundies called me down, glad I did as it failed and got hung up in another tree. Managed to get the road closed asap and drop it from ground level

That's just my 2 cents worth from what I can see from the pics and as we know pics can look different when you get there!

During the storms I went up a Lombardy like that, it was slightly fractured from the winds at the base but I thought I would climb it. Got around 40ft up and the groundies called me down, glad I did as it failed and got hung up in another tree. Managed to get the road closed asap and drop it from ground level

that's the thing with trees when they aren't in good nick, all comes down to judgement and experience

proper tree surgeon stuff for sure, but hopefully not too Russian roulette

get a pull line in and fell onto lawn from 15' up my initial thoughts, although I've got no problems being the coward of the county and leaving that stuff for the seasoned professionals

that's the thing with trees when they aren't in good nick, all comes down to judgement and experience

proper tree surgeon stuff for sure, but hopefully not too Russian roulette

get a pull line in and fell onto lawn from 15' up my initial thoughts, although I've got no problems being the coward of the county and leaving that stuff for the seasoned professionals

Yep, especially with pop! Why would you want to fell it at 15ft up? I can't see where the cavity ends from the pic but if it was droppable in one then looks like you could high fell it above the decay from ground level (pics can be deseptive!)