knott weed

Johny Walker

• 2 years later...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO JUST LIKE TO REVIVE THIS POST PLEASE

i have just got use of a plot of land to use for wood storage etc for my logburner and trailer storage and there is a patch of kott weed at the moment its all died back

as i know nothing about this stuff and its growing against the wood built stable were i want acess etc

can anyone give me advice to cull slow it down growing etc as i hav,nt the moneys to pay being out of work etc after my breakdown family troubles etc and find it a good way of blowing the cobwebs out going down to the plot etc chopping firewood up for my burner & out the way of everyone i can sit and watch the birds wildlife etc

as anyone got any ideas to get rid would laying house bricks over it so a i can use to park my trailers on it etc or will it just grow back etc

ps kind helpfull replys only thank you

it will push straight through anything you put over it, unless that something was 4m of soil!

as your local i or my dad can come and advise on what you can do for it.

its useless doing anything now other than digging it up 2m down and 5m around each plant.

you can stem inject all year when its growing, and spraying glyphosate on it autumn time when it flowers.

Call the council, its under the notifiable weeds thing, you have to notifiy them, they should pay for someone to get rid of it for you :)

Dream on

Not sure that is corrrect - Defra -quote - It is not an offence to simply have it growing in your garden or on your land and there is no legal requirement to control it if it is (unless doing so forms part of a legally binding contract or agreement with another party).

Japanese Knotweed - Northern Ireland Control Methods