My accident

sean

Good tip that:thumbup1: I used a similar technique when the woodland dwarves got a bit uppity (apparently they objected to the Balsa wood mine shaft props I sold them. I may or may not have told them it was Oak, I don't remember now.)

Anyway, I digress. Knowing full well the startlingly repellant properties of Mrs Idiot's scrambled eggs, I stuffed many pan fulls down my double stiched rhino hide battle pantaloons before heading out to face the hairy little midgets. Unfortunately it was a ten mile trek in 40 degree heat, but the eggs although pungent, stood up well.

As soon as he saw me approaching, the chief Dwarf scampered over on his little legs and took a swing with his razor sharp dual headed War Axe at my omlette clad thigh. As anticipated this commonly fatal blow was deflected with such velocity by Mrs Idiots scrambled eggs that the rebounding axe took the Chief's head clean off.

This was a more impressive result than I had even hoped for, and the remainder of the dwarf hoard trudged back to their caves dispirited whilst I began the long squelchy walk back to the yurt, desperate to relieve the stress of the event pneumatically but terrified of the consequences!

Great story. Cheers :thumbup:

Good tip that:thumbup1: I used a similar technique when the woodland dwarves got a bit uppity (apparently they objected to the Balsa wood mine shaft props I sold them. I may or may not have told them it was Oak, I don't remember now.)

Anyway, I digress. Knowing full well the startlingly repellant properties of Mrs Idiot's scrambled eggs, I stuffed many pan fulls down my double stiched rhino hide battle pantaloons before heading out to face the hairy little midgets. Unfortunately it was a ten mile trek in 40 degree heat, but the eggs although pungent, stood up well.

As soon as he saw me approaching, the chief Dwarf scampered over on his little legs and took a swing with his razor sharp dual headed War Axe at my omlette clad thigh. As anticipated this commonly fatal blow was deflected with such velocity by Mrs Idiots scrambled eggs that the rebounding axe took the Chief's head clean off.

This was a more impressive result than I had even hoped for, and the remainder of the dwarf hoard trudged back to their caves dispirited whilst I began the long squelchy walk back to the yurt, desperate to relieve the stress of the event pneumatically but terrified of the consequences!

You rock. I just fell out of bed I was laughing so hard. Are you thinking of writing a book about all these adventures you have? TVI for PM!

You rock. I just fell out of bed I was laughing so hard. Are you thinking of writing a book about all these adventures you have? TVI for PM!

Very kind words, thankyou:)

I just like being silly.

For the real deal set aside a few years and read the late great Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. The audiobooks are also fantastic and might be a good distraction for you Sean to while away the hours while before you get more mobile. The genre is comic fantasy which puts a lot of people off, but they are so much more than that.

And to echo the spot on sentiment from Mr Gerbutt. Keep on being amazing Sean.

Im the same age as you and have had a crap six weeks the problems just keep coming . Now i look like i might have lost my job . I felt crap this morning and had a look on A.T see whats happening. Missus is goin spare cos i been reading your post all morning . Certainly put things into perspective . You are one great inspiration and my new hero . Thanks and Good luck to you and your family.

Thought of something that might make you smile . Didnt get to bed while 1am one day last week got up at 5am to go to work toilet was full . Blocked drains. Got home late it had gone dark . Took the drain cover off and it was full . 3feet deep in water and neighbours deposits. The next drain cover was empty so i got the jet wash to see if i could clear it got everything ready but forgot about the cover and stepped back . Next thing i new i was upgo my waist in it . I got out quicker than i went in . Surveyed the damage i had bits of bog paper and other things ill not mention . Ha well **** happens as they say . You gotta laugh and pick your self up . Cant wait to here your storys of what you get up to .

So today I have been assaulted and scalped by the resident hospital barber. I have had my first session of wheelchair skiiiiiiiiillllls! I did a little slalom through the cones..... Not allowed to do advanced skills until my chest brace is off although when I'm alone I already do stuff that's way advanced of advanced like full on handbrake turns and back flips. Well not back flips, well not intentional back flips anyway.

I also had some time with the lovely Jax . So nice to chill in the sun and have a good old laff. And of course she bought me food and chocolate. Well par for the course now, my cupboards and drawers look the like the stock room of Fortnum and Masons. A good day x

Thank you all once again for all your support. You are such fine people. :001_cool:

image.jpg.493d3eb0b67fb1cd438b128d7ad93746.jpg

So today I have been assaulted and scalped by the resident hospital barber. I have had my first session of wheelchair skiiiiiiiiillllls! I did a little slalom through the cones..... Not allowed to do advanced skills until my chest brace is off although when I'm alone I already do stuff that's way advanced of advanced like full on handbrake turns and back flips. Well not back flips, well not intentional back flips anyway.

I also had some time with the lovely Jax . So nice to chill in the sun and have a good old laff. And of course she bought me food and chocolate. Well par for the course now, my cupboards and drawers look the like the stock room of Fortnum and Masons. A good day x

Thank you all once again for all your support. You are such fine people. :001_cool:

HI SEAN what great PIC there mate keep up the good work mate thanks jon sonia

Sean, We don't know each other but from what I have read you seem to have the same chin up attitude as a lot of my old squaddie mates. It is a rare thing nowadays and something to be proud of. My wishes are for you to do well with your recovery, it's pretty mad the things they can do. As Winston Churchill said "when your going through hell, keep going" no one wants to get stuck there. Chin up mate.