Anyone use vented bags for seasoning, storage and delivery?

farmer_ben

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
Just having a rummage and came across this thread, when vented is mentioned are we talking stripes all round or half mosquito/half solid bags?

We use bakers vented but they have become single use bags as so many of them are tearing when we tip them into the trailer for filling small nets, some of them even split when you lift from the stack, not sure there is any UV protection in them anymore.

lucky to get 3 bags on a truck with a crane mounted, we had to cut our spare wheel off to get enough carrying capacity for 2 cube bags.

I have had no issues with bakers bags splitting but mine are kept in an open barn when filled. I have had one Bag Supplies bag break up but that was half filled in a field with some sheep who may have chewed it.

Got about 20 bags filled in the open since August, will move then umder cover when I have space. be interesting to see how they behave UV wise but most are Bag Supplies ones.

You must though use all 4 loops to pick them up when full.

A

We store and deliver in dickinsons 1m3 vented and non vented barrow bags. They're worth the extra cost as far as I'm concerned. Only had one fully split on me after being used multiple times. If you lift from all 4 corners all the time you'll have no issues. Barrow bags get damaged by customers dragging them. I normally put them exactly where they want them to avoid this. Takes time but saves my bags and customers appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk