Anyone use vented bags for seasoning, storage and delivery?

farmer_ben

What other bags have you used how many did you buy to get em for a £5

I started out with vented bags but they were .85m3 and wanted to sell by the cube bag so have been selling by the standard non vented bags.

I phoned this firm looking for a local supplier and was surprised at the prices so bought 50 standard bags and 100 vented.

Looking at investing in some large polly tunnels like this

21ft Wide Premier Polytunnel / Greenhouse Poly Tunnel Polythene Cover Cloche | eBay

and store the logs in the vented bags. Should help speed up the drying time Didn't fancy being tied up with a biomass fuelled kiln

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get .7m vented bags as I could like to switch to them as it would cut down loads of handling if I could split straight into bags and then stack them. This would also have storiage bennifits and I would know exactly how much I had ready to sell.

I don't think 1meter bags would suit my customers or me really.

I just use builders dumpy bags and put loads of holes in with a hot air gun, never had any problems.

I just use builders dumpy bags and put loads of holes in with a hot air gun, never had any problems.[/

Find it hard to see how this is cost affective taken the amount of time involved when you can get good vented bags for under a £5

Takes less than a minute to put the holes in the FREE bags, fail to see how this isnt cost affective !!!