Anyone use vented bags for seasoning, storage and delivery?

farmer_ben

That's very interesting regarding the stretching, something I hadn't considered! Out of interest as the bags are labelled 1m3 how do you stand saying 1.2m3?

As an experiment when next splitting I will fill my 1m3 telehandler bucket and then transfer to a bag!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very interesting regarding the stretching, something I hadn't considered! Out of interest as the bags are labelled 1m3 how do you stand saying 1.2m3?

As an experiment when next splitting I will fill my 1m3 telehandler bucket and then transfer to a bag!

I fill the bag on the forks, bounce it a bit which settles the contents and expands the sides, that makes the bag look nice and tight. I then put another 50 logs in the top so that its level full.

I measured the side expansion, averaged it along the length of the side, then did the maths. My bags are not labelled but the volume when filled is stated on the invoice. Once the logs dry then there is also a bit of shrinkage as well.

If you have a grain bucket most of them hold 2 cu meters, certainly the ones I have used have.

A

If there labelled up a cube you would be folkish to sell them as anything elsa you can tell them the bags have stretched till your blue in the face if it said a cube to them it's a cube

I think you will come to the same conclusion as I did use bag throw it away or buy high quality bags and use twice

You can bung used bags on the bay and get what you payed

mouldy logs ??

tacho and cpc when delivering with trailer ??

m3 bags vs builders bags 0.65 / 0.75 m3 ?? price difference / public perception ??

what is the local competition selling in. ??

i do ponder these problems all the time while processing.

packfix system works well and low cost.

metal stillages / potatoe boxes ,high investment cost.

ability to move in and out of shed to store grain at harvest.

but more profit from logs than farming.

mouldy logs ??

tacho and cpc when delivering with trailer ??

m3 bags vs builders bags 0.65 / 0.75 m3 ?? price difference / public perception ??

what is the local competition selling in. ??

i do ponder these problems all the time while processing.

packfix system works well and low cost.

metal stillages / potatoe boxes ,high investment cost.

ability to move in and out of shed to store grain at harvest.

but more profit from logs than farming.

We all think about the same thing then logs only go mouldy in bags if there rain wet when they go in.

Most of the merchants round here are selling 0.7as a cube so when we rock up with our cube bag there a customer for life

Cpc tacho I'll come back to that .... Not

How do you empty the pack fix nets

We all think about the same thing then logs only go mouldy in bags if there rain wet when they go in.

Most of the merchants round here are selling 0.7as a cube so when we rock up with our cube bag there a customer for life

Cpc tacho I'll come back to that .... Not

How do you empty the pack fix nets

Emptying pack fix nets is a grade A munt.

It does my nut in, and makes me turn green and angry.

Brilliant for drying the logs though.

Better than boxes and vented bags.

Emptying pack fix nets is a grade A munt.

It does my nut in, and makes me turn green and angry.

Brilliant for drying the logs though.

Better than boxes and vented bags.

I think all merchants have a hulk moment at least once a day.

Mine was mrs miggins ringing me at 715 to tell me her log burner was going to blow up as the hornbeam was to dry and out of controll.

Second one at 645pm when a bag slipped off the forks and spilled everywhere

You want to try new bags from bag supplies there pretty good can't compare with pakfix as I've never had one