Anyone use vented bags for seasoning, storage and delivery?

farmer_ben

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used vented for 3 yrs now and it seems the easiest way all round, I split green into the bags,stack on pallets and deliver in the bags, if you get it right the bags almost empty themselves and take bag back for next fill.

I also like delivering in bags so customers know what there getting rather than loose or a "load".

Edited by Ian C

Any photos chaps? Id like to deliver in the bag if possible and leave it with the customer without emptying. Ive got loose wood bloody everywhere at the moment, it looks a mess and not overly organised. Id love to have 200 wooden log boxes but finances don't allow unfortunately.

Bags are the way forward if you look on our site below in my sig you will see the bags we offer wooden boxes sound great on paper I have 200 spud boxes stacked in yard and there going to be a pain to tip out bags bags

Bag supplies to a bag with 4 mesh sides check out the size if your selling 4 0r500 the size is key

After trying the rest of ways we now split straight into bags held on telehandler forks. Then stacked in yard and/or barn on pallets, we mostly don't bother putting a pallet between the bags as they dry anyhow. On delivery we just empty out of bag so can be re-used loads of times.

LC Packaging, Long Sutton, Lincs do some good 1m3 bags at reasonable cost and will (usually) split a bundle.

I also only use bags, filled as per Fentiger above. I deliver on pallets using an IFW GD85 and just roll the pallet down the tail ramp. Had some Bag Supplies bags 4 years now, getting a few holes in the older ones mainly through catching them with the teleporter forks when stacking. I stack 3 high and dont use pallets between the levels. Dont go any higher, as the logs dry the wood contracts and the bags move. The bags do not stand up to being dragged by clients when half empty so just check them when you uplift.

A

After trying the rest of ways we now split straight into bags held on telehandler forks. Then stacked in yard and/or barn on pallets, we mostly don't bother putting a pallet between the bags as they dry anyhow. On delivery we just empty out of bag so can be re-used loads of times.

LC Packaging, Long Sutton, Lincs do some good 1m3 bags at reasonable cost and will (usually) split a bundle.

What you have to think of with bags is if you want to reuse them the stretch factor you can end up givinga3rd of a cube for nothing. We bought some bags of firewood off a guy we give £50 a bag one bag fills a spud box they were on there 4th year.

Best to put the bag on the price and leave it

What you have to think of with bags is if you want to reuse them the stretch factor you can end up givinga3rd of a cube for nothing. We bought some bags of firewood off a guy we give £50 a bag one bag fills a spud box they were on there 4th year.

Best to put the bag on the price and leave it

I sell them as containing 1.2 cu m when filled, any queries and I show them the side expansion.

A