Climbing in NewZealand

JoeRD

Hi all,

I am heading out to New Zealand from the UK in a weeks time for a holiday and to travel around..

I am considering working there in the future. It would be really helpful to meet up and talk to other arborists about your experience of NZ.

It would also be great to meet up for some recreational climbing- I am taking my harness, rope and basic SRT kit out with me.

If anyone is in NZ or has contacts there it would be great to hear from you!

All the best,

Joe

I am arriving in Christchurch and making my way up to Auckland before flying back to the UK..

I have a list of places that I would like to visit but no set plan this will change when I am out there.

Really looking forward to going to Queenstown for the rock climbing, skydiving etc.

I have heard there are lots of arborists in Auckland. Is that where you are? Is Auckland the best place for tree work?

Thanks

Auckland would be one of the easiest places to find work as an arborist as its a large city and all the big companies such as treescape and asplundh are based there and always looking for climbers.Im based in the bay of plenty and work for a company in Tauranga called Arborcare who have the council contracts there and are also looking for climbers at the moment.

Plenty of work in Christchurch too but colder weather

Tree tech is one of the big companies in Christchurch

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Thank you very much for your reply Morty.

I will be heading up to the north island after the south and am looking forward to seeing Auckland.

I am not able to work on this visit. If I really enjoy my time in NZ I would seriously consider moving out there some time in the future to work. One of the things I am keen todo on this visit is to do some climbing and get an idea of the variety of trees you guys work on.

Cheers,

Joe

Auckland would be one of the easiest places to find work as an arborist as its a large city and all the big companies such as treescape and asplundh are based there and always looking for climbers.Im based in the bay of plenty and work for a company in Tauranga called Arborcare who have the council contracts there and are also looking for climbers at the moment.

Plenty of work in Christchurch too but colder weather

Tree tech is one of the big companies in Christchurch

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Say hello from Jesse to the boys , Guzza ,Jack, Beez, Ash , all the lads . small world eh?