DIY firewood.

blaggy111

You want to exploit a trade forum to exclude log merchants fine I'm disappointed people actually answered you I'm just wishing some karma back on you is all I don't mind if you chop your own logs or not.

Are we reading the same thread? I answered the OP, you were the first person to respond to my post, be dissapointed with yourself. You don't mind I cut my own logs, so you're wishing me bad karma for helping the OP then?

Logic Fail.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we reading the same thread? I answered the OP, you were the first person to respond to my post, be dissapointed with yourself. You don't mind I cut my own logs, so you're wishing me bad karma for helping the OP then?

Logic Fail.

I never said bad karma I said Karma for your next business, and I have answered pretty much everything I have to say on this I'm not going to keep rehashing over and over as different people jump in wanting 30 posts of the same answers.

My original post was about buying a lorry load of timber, to process myself. Due to a problem with finances I've changed my plan and I am buying in small loads of arb waste to fill my log sheds gradually, I can't afford to pay for full price logs so this is what I do to save money. Not quite sure why the thread as been derailed. I work as a bricklayer and I've lost count of the jobs I've priced only to be told they can do it cheaper themselves or their cousin or brother can do it cheaper, its just how it is, if I can do something myself why shouldn't I, to save a bit of money.

My original post was about buying a lorry load of timber, to process myself. Due to a problem with finances I've changed my plan and I am buying in small loads of arb waste to fill my log sheds gradually, I can't afford to pay for full price logs so this is what I do to save money. Not quite sure why the thread as been derailed. I work as a bricklayer and I've lost count of the jobs I've priced only to be told they can do it cheaper themselves or their cousin or brother can do it cheaper, its just how it is, if I can do something myself why shouldn't I, to save a bit of money.

No reason whatsoever . :001_smile:

Don't sweat it. You haven't done anything wrong. :001_smile:

I can see why Logsnstuff is upset I get sick of people wanting to buy "cheap cord wood for my own use" when I say yes can deliver 12 tonne at £60 a tonne plus vat they say oh no that's not cheap I wanted anything I can saw up delivered for a few quid. It does your head in.

I can see why Logsnstuff is upset I get sick of people wanting to buy "cheap cord wood for my own use" when I say yes can deliver 12 tonne at £60 a tonne plus vat they say oh no that's not cheap I wanted anything I can saw up delivered for a few quid. It does your head in.

He he Best one I had was told customer my trailer took 2cu metres of logs and it was £180 so he said he knew someone who would fill that trailer for £60. So I said go there then. He promptly asked if he could borrow the trailer I was lost for words and nearly said yes :lol:

He he Best one I had was told customer my trailer took 2cu metres of logs and it was £180 so he said he knew someone who would fill that trailer for £60. So I said go there then. He promptly asked if he could borrow the trailer I was lost for words and nearly said yes :lol:

You shuld have aked him were and filled it yourself .....alot :biggrin:

I can understand folk being annoyed with that but I was after buying the wood at the going rate not trying to get it on the cheap. Just asked for any possible contacts, to help me on my way.