DIY firewood.

blaggy111

How ridiculous, do you think decorators, restaurant owners, mechanics, gardeners, vegetable growers, etc, etc, sulk when they see people doing what are pretty much every day tasks?????:001_rolleyes:

Once of a day everyone would have cut their own fuel, but times change and many choose not to and pay others for the service, but many get satisfaction from doing their own, good for them I say, beats paying for a gym membership :thumbup:

who's sulking I'm entitled to an opinion why don't you go back to trolling on kilns.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite often on my days off my wife is working and I can't get any paid work on those days so splitting wood, cutting logs etc. is a good way of exercising and I end up with fuel for the winter.

I've just paid a tree surgeon to take down a load of trees (leylandii mainly) as I don't have the skill or equipment to climb but I'm not going to pay him to cut, split or stack the logs when I can do it myself when I have nothing better to do

Lets hope when you start your next business everyone decides to bypass you then.

Because I cut my own logs? Can you hear yourself?

If you think my 25 cube a year is some sort of competition to your business sector, you either have a very small business, or a very small mind.

Because I cut my own logs? Can you hear yourself?

If you think my 25 cube a year is some sort of competition to your business sector, you either have a very small business, or a very small mind.

You want to exploit a trade forum to exclude log merchants fine I'm disappointed people actually answered you I'm just wishing some karma back on you is all I don't mind if you chop your own logs or not.

You want to exploit a trade forum to exclude log merchants fine I'm disappointed people actually answered you I'm just wishing some karma back on you is all I don't mind if you chop your own logs or not.

It's an open forum for advice. If a person comes on for tips about sharpening are you going to wish ill fortune on them for not taking it to a dealer?!

Why the hell shouldn't he process his own firewood? I cook my own food because I don't want to pay someone else to do it.

People like you making comments like that can really make this forum seem unattractive to newcomers.