Earn a £20 voucher

Mark_Skyland

We have a lot of work scheduled on our web site and we really want to make it more user friendly.

The section I am looking at atm is the guide bar selection.

Chainsaw Bars - Chainsaw Carving Bar - Chainsaw Guide Bar

Im not sure how this will pan out.

I am looking for constructive criticism on what you think about the layout and what you would prefer.

There are plenty of things things that need updating in the bar section ie descriptions, inventory and bars available etc, we have a lot more items in stock than what we have on the web site.

What I need is suggestions as to how you search for guide bars, do you know exactly what you need in regards of part number, sizing etc or do you only know what machine you have and search that way, ie i need a 20" bar for a 460.

What I will do, and I hope this is fair, is to include all the constructive comments into a list. the winner will receive a £20 voucher to spend either in store or on the web site.

So suggestions as to how we can improve user experience please .

Thanks

Mark

We have a lot of work scheduled on our web site and we really want to make it more user friendly.

The section I am looking at atm is the guide bar selection.

Chainsaw Bars - Chainsaw Carving Bar - Chainsaw Guide Bar

Im not sure how this will pan out.

I am looking for constructive criticism on what you think about the layout and what you would prefer.

There are plenty of things things that need updating in the bar section ie descriptions, inventory and bars available etc, we have a lot more items in stock than what we have on the web site.

What I need is suggestions as to how you search for guide bars, do you know exactly what you need in regards of part number, sizing etc or do you only know what machine you have and search that way, ie i need a 20" bar for a 460.

What I will do, and I hope this is fair, is to include all the constructive comments into a list. the winner will receive a £20 voucher to spend either in store or on the web site.

So suggestions as to how we can improve user experience please .

Thanks

Mark

HI MARK i hope get it fixed soon mate thanks jon :thumbup:

I'd run it a bit like rob does obviously I don't want to upset him but I've ordered from him before and it was a breeze.

Bit off topic it's about parts for machinery but I find using exploded diagrams with part numbers and prices much easier to use than trying to explain over the phone

Due to the various fitting specifics its best to select using saw brand then model number and so on, as an example i run husky 357xp but they are not listed in the husky bars, then I would look elsewhere to be more reassured of getting the right part.

However i know 346xp is same fitment in this case. But we all have to start somewhere with knowledge.

To keep it simple for you could research each bar with a list of saws and the appropriate fit chain sizes.

I really like robDs website as a hint...

select manufacture, select saw, length then choices are shown of bar make, light/normal etc.

Might be good to add a link so when you have selected your bar, a pop up with "need chains? Yes/no" select yes and a couple of chain options come up fitting your choice-eg Stihl/Oregon semi/full chisel, then same for files

And its always helpful if possible to add the required chain length to the desired bar and a direct link to said chain/chain options on the bar your looking at. If its only 1 click away people will be more tempted to buy when adding a bar to the cart and then going searching for a chain in a totally separate area.

Hi,

You need to tier the steps to make a selection,

currently its guide bars then manufacturer you seem to get all the guide bars under that make.

So in selection for Guide bars

manufacturer, then

Saw model number, then

Bar length with perhaps the ability to pick a chain to match selected bar

hope that helps

N

Why not go for a slightly alternative layout, rather than just copying Rob D's (very good) site...

So have a page where you select your saw make model etc and everything you might need is there.

So, husky 550xp

Chains click here

Bars click here

Spark plugs & starter cord click here

Plastic bodywork eg clutch cover click here

Does this make sense? Also, I think just having spark plugs, starter cord and common bits of bodywork such as chajn brake handles would be a big selling point, as no one else seems to have them listed easily to find, except for eBay!