New LDV Chip truck

Rupe

I'd leave it open, there are some really thick thieves about as I've had the misfortune to gather other the years. I was thinking more about on site during the day when it's parked at the front of a house and your out back.....

A few of the guys that I've subbed work to over the years have had toolchests in between the chassis rails so you have to lift the back to get in, don't know how practical it would be.

Probably more practical than my toy tipper, i reckon it will be ideal for little jobs and my chipper is only small anyway:

01082009(001).jpg.b9c042331fecf8d6331c528e76ec2dd2.jpg

01082009.jpg.ce34810926d9192d7cd746a439b99eab.jpg

Ha,ha, there's a LDV owners forum?

I gotta get on there.

Yes, sadder than arbtalk!!

http://www.ldv-sherpa.co.uk

but it seems to be offline. I went on there to find out about wheelbase lengths, they were failry useless, I found it out for myself in the end. there are some good pics of conversion that folk have done, mostly car transporters and stealth campers. Its a nerd fest for sure.

I was thinking more about on site during the day when it's parked at the front of a house and your out back.....

:

Well that would annoy me!! We'll probly have to leave it locked or take all the gear round the back and leave it open, but that kind of defeats the object of having dry tool storage.

Never had problems before though when using my car for tool carrying but I'm lucky in that most of my customers have electronic gates and front drives at least a quarter mile long!

I also do council work though and that evens the balance!

So, things are coming on well, I had miscalcualted and measured the wrong bit so in the end there is a lot more of the overhang being removed than I had thought which is a good thing. There is about 8 inches to come off the rear because the tipper chassis is shorter than actual tipper bed which is what I was measurign!! Good thing I'm leavign this bit to proffessionals!

Some pics.

The finger line in the dirt is roughly where the chassis is being cut off, super acurate engineerign at its best.

002.jpg.ae922bfee676b89a29849bd7d62caa51.jpg

They had to cut four of the old brackets off the old truck chassis. These will be used to fix the tipper down in each corner usign the existing corner brackets on the tipper frame, then they will ignore the rest of the brackets on the tipper and make new ones that fit on the remaining brackets on the new truck and just weld them onto the tipper.

011.jpg.95fc19aafeb5f2ca6a1b9c99c77fddff.jpg

009.jpg.cf462cdb36e274844068e0dd4995d491.jpg

008.jpg.70e57e72b770e7beab1f9c75f5721d61.jpg